Clear All

Car still shines up!
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

d'oh

As I pulled into my Dad's driveway, steam started coming out from the front of the car...My 1st guess was that the radiator went South. Turns out it was the t-stat housing and a pinhole in the upper rad-hose. I had to order the parts, since none were in stock I won't be driving the barge again this week...
      '79 Continental Town Car
      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

That sucks but that's why you've got two more big Fords, eh?
        sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

2 other cars

Having back-ups in a BIG plus!
          '79 Continental Town Car
          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Yeah i'm on my backup right now after I bent the axle in my Mustang after I launched it too hard. It's just barely bent enough so the rear left tire will wear out uneven. That's what happens on a freshly tarred road with new sticky tires and a 3K clutch drop in 1st, not to mention a rusty 7.5" rear, i'm gonna get an 8.8" this time with 3.27 gears if I can.

Anywho, at least those aren't too bad to fix and it could have cost you more and done more damage.
            88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
            Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

nice mang looks great do your wipers not park? this is off topic but how far is the maine canada line? from you?

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
              302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
              k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Originally posted by gabegt90 View Post
                nice mang looks great do your wipers not park? this is off topic but how far is the maine canada line? from you?

It's not too far from me and I think even closer for mr. lincoln over there..if memory serves New Brunswick and Maine share a common border....2 hours from Freddy?
                Last edited by 1990LTD; 09-03-2009, 02:33 AM.
                sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

3 border crossings in NB

Originally posted by gabegt90 View Post
                  The wipers park, most of the time. I used to live near the border. The St. Stephen, NB/Calais, ME border crossing is about 2 hours away from Fredericton, NB. The other border crossings that I know of are: Woodstock, NB/Houlton, ME and McAdam, NB/Vanceboro, ME. Those two crossings are less than 2 hours away from Fredericton.
                  '79 Continental Town Car
                  '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                  '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

stupid question, but is the 400 considered a big block?
                    sigpic

Comment

Yes

"No other man-made device since the shields and lances of the ancient knights fulfills a man's ego like an automobile." -Sir William

2011 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited- Black on black, ADTR sway bars, 19" Mustang GT rims, Heinous rear control arms, dual exhaust with Flowmaster 10 series mufflers. MHS Stage 2 heads/cams, 80mm MAF, 75mm BBK throttle body, Accufab plenum, Stainless Works long tube headers, Ford Racing 24# injectors. ADTR T56 swap with Hurst shifter. 264HP/298TQ at the rear wheels.

Comment

I got the upper rad-hose today. The thermostat housing should arrive next week...
                        '79 Continental Town Car
                        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

back in service

I drove the car tonight...Only the "3rd time" behind the wheel this month!! The old t-stat housing took a crap, so I didn't drive for a few weeks...Had to order some parts, since none were in stock. The old TC now has another t-stat housing, new upper rad hose and heater hoses. Runs like a dream again
                          '79 Continental Town Car
                          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

dusk shots

Yes, the current paint sucks...I have a fair bit of $$ saved up already, so I'll be ready to get it painted in 2010.
                            Attached Files
                            '79 Continental Town Car
                            '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                            '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

I treated the grill and bumpers with Mother's chrome polish. Cleaned up the white-walls, then sprayed them with Armour-All tire shine.
                              Attached Files
                              '79 Continental Town Car
                              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
                                Yes, the current paint sucks...I have a fair bit of $$ saved up already, so I'll be ready to get it painted in 2010.
                                Are you going to paint the same Ford's colour on your Lincoln in 2010?
                                1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
                                1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                                1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                                1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

Working...
                                X