Clear All

Thanks guys.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Looks like you had fun! I still want a pic with the gas can and junk in front of the car.

You mention a GN; what's with the LeSabre T Type?
      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Very nice pics! Too bad we live in a world where the only cars that exist are Mustangs, Corvettes, and Camaros. I like the pic that you chose as your favorite; it makes the CV look like it has a two tone paint job. Though I like some of your front shots of your car. They seem to be taken near sunset (the best time to take pics) as they show how clean your car really is.

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
          Looks like you had fun! I still want a pic with the gas can and junk in front of the car.

You mention a GN; what's with the LeSabre T Type?
          I had an okay time. Some people were really enthusiastic about the car while others still are fascinated by the same old cookie cutter cars like Jacob below you mentioned.

To windy out to have stuff in fron t of the car. I just laid the extinguisher and aid kit on the p.side seat and left everything else in the trunk. Yeah there was apparently a GN in my class...I say apparently because he won first place....

That Lesaber thing that I called a regal had the hood flip forward and stuff.

Originally posted by packman View Post
          Very nice pics! Too bad we live in a world where the only cars that exist are Mustangs, Corvettes, and Camaros. I like the pic that you chose as your favorite; it makes the CV look like it has a two tone paint job. Though I like some of your front shots of your car. They seem to be taken near sunset (the best time to take pics) as they show how clean your car really is.

Packman
          Thanks Jacob

Some people have way narrow minds in what cars should be in car shows. These were sunrise pictures! I was at the place at 6:30am. Appreciate the compliments Jacob.
          ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
            No idea! Really...no idea. Stuff isn't much organized here lol

Agreed. I think I will purchase new calipers and drums to give the paint a great base...not to mention it being a hell of a lot easier to do it that way. And thanks!

You probably already know this but I will say it anyways. When you get your new calipers and drums, make sure they fit perfectly. Make sure the lines fit the calipers and that they fit into the brackets perfectly. Make sure your drums at least match the old drums. Then clean them off and paint them whatever color you choose. I learned this the hard way with Putter Project a while back. I was told to measure the inside bore of the caliper piston rather then the outside bore (big difference). When I fitted them onto the bracket, they went in with no problems, but the drivers side line would not connect because the mounting flange was set at the wrong angle. I had already painted them and had fluid running through the pass. side caliper so I could not return them. I found out that I needed to measure the outside diameter of the caliper piston and that I needed the largest caliper/piston for that truck. Lesson learned. When I get the rear axle rebuilt for the CV I will overhaul the brake system and paint the components only after I make sure they fit right.

Packman

Comment

Thanks for the tips. I actually looked at AZ website and saw that ONE drum was 60.?? bucks. No thanks...So now I think I will patiently take my time and thoroughly clean what I have up. May flush the entire brake system just so I can work on the calipers off of the car. cheaper this way than purchasing all new items that currently work fine. I want to do it once and do it right.
              ~David~

Comment

Nice pictures and congrats on the trophy!!! I would carry it with my car wherever I went haha
                -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
                -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

Thanks man. The trophy is won is small enough to do so. The first place trophies were huge though!

I am going to be picking up some caliper paint tomorrow in preparation for painting drums and rotors and calipers. Leaning towards satin black by VHT. Would come out like this:Click image for larger version

Name:	dscf0894f.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	1264567
                  ~David~

Comment

Congrats on the trophy Dave!! awesome to see it in a car show, looks like it belongs!

i was going to use VHT for my calipers but they didn't have the gloss black i wanted =/. duplicolor's held up well so far though! goodluck, its a great idea to start out with fresh calipers, i sandblasted and rebuilt my old one
                    Last edited by Brown_Muscle; 04-06-2011, 09:02 PM.
                    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Thanks Phil

I'll see how much of a road trip I want to take to get gloss black....
                      ~David~

Comment

Duplicolor engine enamel will hold up fine.

My daily driven Dodge is a perfect example. I touch them up once a year, but they never peel or discolor (just to get a fresh look on them). For something driven only when it is nice out, engine enamel will probably last for years.
                        **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                        **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                        **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                        **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Hmm. Sweet. I will look for that then if I see it...I sorta prefer the specific stuff but like you mentioned this car would only be driven in nice weather. Going now to pick some paint up and will keep that in mind.
                          ~David~

Comment

Managed to pick up some cans of Duplicolor black..so it will be glossy as compared to VHT satin black. Expensive shit...7.43 a can...Ouch.
                            ~David~

Comment

You could probably get away with brake cleaner to clean up the calipers and drums before painting. I got the paint for Putter Project from Eastwood. I'm going to get the caliper paint for the CV from JEGS because Duplicolor has it in blue.

Packman

Comment

The rear drums are very rusty...I can peel off rust with my fingers from those fins... I will be taking it down to clean metal as I want to do this once...and I have all these body shop tools and abrasives that I just want to use them! I will take my time with everything as the car is no longer a DD. Yay me!
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X