• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dude 40 is not an "old man" :P
    sigpic

1988 Signature Series Town Car

Comment

older than this man :p

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

That's the coolest thing about these cars. When done right (or in my case 1/3 right) they get good attention.

Come to think of it, each plastic seatbelt bracket is broken in my mom's car. Even the part where it's molded into the seat is broken off. I have the seatbelts held up by large safety pins.

Packman

Comment

I don't think 40 is old..just older than me.

I think the pieces molded into the seat is sewn into the seat cover. It is very sturdy on my car. I used a little flat head screw driver and jammed at the seat cover pretty aggressively to tuck it underneath it and nothing really even budged on it.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
            I don't think 40 is old..just older than me.

I think the pieces molded into the seat is sewn into the seat cover. It is very sturdy on my car. I used a little flat head screw driver and jammed at the seat cover pretty aggressively to tuck it underneath it and nothing really even budged on it.
            I was just goofin on ya , people tell me my Townie is an old mans car, I tell em I'm old ..lol

And I believe you are correct on those pieces being sewn in I seem to recall install some covers under warranty way back in the day when I worked at the Ford Dealership
            sigpic

Comment

Yeah, 40 is old. :banana:
              2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

NOS Goodness...

...to hopefully be installed this weekend.

~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

where did you buy them from

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
                  -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
                  1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

OOOOOOOH AAAAAAAHHHHH
                    I like pretty shiny things
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MattsGrandMarquis View Post
                      where did you buy them from
                      Well I purchased the wiper switch from a member on this forum, and the rest on ebay from various sellers. The shifter handle is a GM piece that hypostang mentioned in a thread. It is not exact whatsoever as to the original but looks neat when installed.

Originally posted by hypostang View Post
                      OOOOOOOH AAAAAAAHHHHH
                      I like pretty shiny things
                      Couldnt have done it without you finding out about that GM shifter handle.
                      ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                        Couldnt have done it without you finding out about that GM shifter handle.
                        I have to admit there was no magic there .. I worked for a national auto parts chain for 15 years , I sold a ton of those , sheer luck that they fit our cars
                        sigpic

Comment

Pulled the p.side drum off yesterday morning. Wire brushed and wheeled the fuck out of it at let it sit in two gallons of Evaporust overnight. Took it out this afternoon and it was sterile as can be, considering what it looked like. Then I painted it as well after going over it with a green scotch brite pad. Pulled the drivers side drum off this morning and cleaned that one up as well. That is now sitting in the Evaporust along with my water pump pulley (just to clean it up a bit) as well as the alternator bracket. The alternator bracket and support bracket and all of its mounting hardware will be getting painted. I pulled the egr valve off as well and painted the base of that today aluminum in color. The bell of the valve will be painted black in a couple days. I have pics but I will just wait till everything is done. Probably wont be installing the stalks as I don't want to accidentally step on the brake pedal with no drums in the rear.
                          ~David~

Comment

Painted Drums and various fasteners

P.side drum before derusting:

After wire brushing:

After Evaporust:

Evaporust:

The olive container as my solution holder:

Painted:

D.side before derusting:

After wire brushing:

After evaporust:

And painted..drying with its mate:

Also painted up an alternator support bracket I picked up at the yard. This was paint stripped, evaporust bathed as well as scuffed with a green scotch brite pad. Engine primed and painted aluminum.

And some miscellaneous hardware painted for egr, alternator support bracket and alternator bracket as well as water pump pulley bolts.

Alternator bracket is next on the list to get painted in addition to the egr valve getting its bell painted black.
                            ~David~

Comment

Those drums cleaned up nice! I had less luck when I tried wire-wheeling a couple of drums, but I didn't have my wire-knot wheel at that time either.
                              2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Angled and straight die grinders with various sized wire wheel did the bulk of the work. I wish I had a coned shaped wire wheel as that would have been really useful for this endeavor.

These should hold up until money starts rolling in to pick up an aero rear end to build up.
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X