No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dave can you please post up pics of the air injection pipe hooked up to the cats. where i live i need that hooked up so i really would like to see how you hooked yours up.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
    -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
    1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

actually i am interested as well...i was gonna fab one out of high temp silicone hosing...however if the mustang one fits perhaps i could use that (Even though our air pump systems are different)
      Last edited by Brown_Muscle; 12-12-2011, 07:41 PM.
      -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

I put the one pipe into the other down by the H pipe (I used some High temp cloth pipe wrap with a mini u clamp to secure the two piece firmly). that pipe travels up top and get secured to the manifold bolts and has a solenoid (or some sorta bell shaped valve thing) that is plumed into the smog system to push air into the cats..just like any stock car.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

that secondary air tube is not nessassary. i belive it was mostly intended for cali emissions standards. you can plug the system right at the T off by the inner fender. if you insist on having it, you can buy high heat urithane hose to make your connection between the cat and metal plumbing. iv done this on my brothers town car a few years back and its still in tact.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
          1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
          1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
          2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
          2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

urethane you say? interesting! i wonder what the difference is between the silicon high heat hoses, and the urethane ones. I intend to keep mine intact.
            -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

Comment

the stuff i got is different layers(2 layers) of urithane, rubber, silicone...what ever it is lol

Comment

ah! makes sense, the stuff i have used before was two layers, must be the same thing.
                -Phil

sigpic

Comment

if possible can we see pics of this hooked up. getting my exhaust done next month and need pics to help me.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
                  -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
                  1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

matt check this thread out. http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...injection-pipe
                    ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Still haven't done anything with the body bushings or front end bushings..But I did order more stuff from Summit.

Ford Racing Spark Plug wires, A nice ball milled aluminum wire separator, MSD Cap and rotor kit as well as an MSD blaster coil.
                      ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                        Still haven't done anything with the body bushings or front end bushings..But I did order more stuff from Summit.

Ford Racing Spark Plug wires, A nice ball milled aluminum wire separator, MSD Cap and rotor kit as well as an MSD blaster coil.
                        please post up pictures when you install them! especially the aluminum wire separator!
                        -Phil

sigpic

Comment

Will do. I will be painting the piece first though to match my engine bay scheme.
                          ~David~

Comment

I've been considering upgrading to MSD stuff. But haven't really had any need to yet though. They sure do make a good looking product too. Looking forward to see how they look in your sparkling clean engine bay.

sigpic
                            - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Me too Scott. Unfortunately the MSD cap and rotor kit arrived broken. One of the terminals was cracked clear off of the cap.

Washed and waxed the car today since the weather was not bad out. Also a quick pic of the amp pull switch. Still have to remove the chrome rocker next to it as well as the triple rocker panel underneath the headlight knob to make everything complete.

Also gotta snag some nice snake skin aka nylon meshy tubing from work to make the back of the indicator light as well as its accompanying wiring disappear behind the amp pull switch.
                              ~David~

Comment

did you know, you car is fuck'in sexy? looking good mang!

Comment

Working...
                                X