Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So much for stockish HO swap
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

You convinced that would ultimately be a waste to go that route if all things can be changed easily with a tune.......and I appreciate it.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
        Welp...TFS 170 heads are on the way......got a deal on a new set through the corral.
        I like where this is heading!

Packman

Comment

Installed the fuel door popper today. Easy. Factory has the holes marked with an x where to drill in the fuel well area. After installing I moved onto diagnosing the why the P.side window was not functioning. Turned out the motor was rusted to pieces inside. ..... Ordering up a new pair in a few.....A pair because I installed them as a pair so it is possible the other one will dies soon. Looks as if it was not sealed properly and water just corroded the crap out of it. Made up a one touch harness now since the door panel is off and will install the one touch up/down relays tomorrow and install the motor once it arrives.
          ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Wired in the one touch up/down kit...waiting for the window motor to come in now.....I will put in the ball bearings I have on hand right away and seal the housing so now water will get in like last time.
            ~David~

Comment

New power window motors arrived this afternoon. Promptly took it apart and installed the ford regulator gear. Ball bearings did not fit snug in this one but fit fine when installed in the drivers side....strange. Whatever, greased it up and sealed the housing where all the water got in so to help it live longer. Will install tomorrow.

Also have a set of minty used ceramic coated headers on the way. Not the ford ones but the summit brand. Too good of a deal to pass up. Guy used them on his tfs 170 heads for 2k miles. Will go well with my set up then.
              Last edited by 87gtVIC; 04-27-2013, 05:40 AM.
              ~David~

Comment

Here are my new twisted wedge TFS 170 cc heads with new rocker studs and new valve guide plates

Last edited by 87gtVIC; 05-02-2013, 07:11 PM.
                ~David~

Comment

-Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Sweet! What kind/brand of power window motor did you get?
                    I'd love to see a video of your one-touch setup after it's installed.... I know... a video of a power window going up and down, how exciting is that? lol. I don't even care much for the one touch power windows, in fact I prefer manual, but it's just badass to see it in a box. Why? I don't know, I think it's just one of those things where for some reason you get excited when a car has a feature that it doesn't come stock with. If psychologists don't have a term for it yet they should.

Comment

I got them from mustangs unlimited. Don't know how great they are because the one in the car died after about 3 years and was from the same place. Was about 130 or so for the pair.

There is a video in this thread many years back with the drivers side one touchin' it.
                      ~David~

Comment

I got them from mustangs unlimited. Don't know how great they are because the one in the car died after about 3 years and was from the same place. Was about 130 or so for the pair.

There is a video in this thread many years back with the drivers side one touchin' it.
                        ~David~

Comment

TF 1.6 Stud mount roller rockers are now on their way! Only camshaft, pushrods, headbolts, double roller timing set, lubes, timing cover etc gaskets and head gaskets left to purchase!
                          ~David~

Comment

Roller rockers came in today.

Installed the HPPs on my vic as well. I LOVE them!!!

~David~

Comment

Those HPP's look great! Even without the center caps!
                              2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                              2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                              2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                              1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

HPPs make any Panther look better! I need to figure a way to get them on an 03+ car.
                                2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                                2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                                Past Panthers
                                1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                                if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Working...
                                X