My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems to be a common area for leaks.

I am hoping the fix i did will prevent water from entering. I'll find out once the freezing temps decide to leave.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Spent today fabbing up a fire extinguisher mount. It would mount just behind and underneath the drivers side seat. Got real close to completion but ran out of metal. No metal to make the mount for the extinguisher and home depot had no metal I liked for it. Did purchase the round bar from HD though. I know at work I have just the perfect piece to weld to the round bar. Will have to wait till Monday afternoon Making up a mount based off of this guys creation for foxbodies. http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...guisher-mounts

Last edited by 87gtVIC; 01-26-2014, 05:12 AM.
      ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Cool! Though to was the only one.. The TC does it on the driver side in the same place as Daves and with it being so cold my carpeting is frozen lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

mine just lays under the seat. I started carrying one after I lit the car on fire and burned up the transmission and part of the wiring harness. It did a hell of a job degreasing the underside though. You'd be amazed how much oil builds up when it leaks a quart every 200 miles for 18 years.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

vic has one in the trunk. I should put on in the 88.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I been carrying one for a year or so now just in case. I asked the guy making the mounts for the fox bodies if he would make one up for my car. He didn't seem interested (granted it is not as easy to make for these cars as the foxes) so I decided to make one up myself. Seat is out already because of me trying to fix the interior leak I have so I just dove in too it. One less thing to roll around and I will know exactly where to find it in case I need it.
              ~David~

Comment

Earlier in the day I ground down some of my welds on the fire extinguisher mount I am making. After that I decided I wanted to paint the accelerator pedal on my car. I have it stashed in the trunk of the car will all other interior bits while I conclusively determine if the leak I have been battling in my interior is over. I pop the trunk and guess what? More water pouring out from behind the license plate housing. I cannot win. lol. Just ordered some 1/8"x3/4"x30' butyl tape. Should take car of my problem.
                ~David~

Comment

That's a pretty neat idea.

Comment

Finished fabbing up the fire extinguisher mount. Prepped it all for paint which it will receive tomorrow morning.

Also painted my accelerator pedal this morning.

In other news......looks as if I have succeeded in stopping the water from leaking into the drivers foot well. Will confirm after more rain has fallen.
                    ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                      Finished fabbing up the fire extinguisher mount. Prepped it all for paint which it will receive tomorrow morning.

Also painted my accelerator pedal this morning.

In other news......[B]looks as if I have succeeded in stopping the water from leaking into the drivers foot well. Will confirm after more rain has fallen[B].
                      Sweet!!! Wait, rain? When were you warm enough to receive rain?

Packman

Comment

Yeah. I had a little freezing rain. lol Really no real rain yet. I had melted snow though....
                        ~David~

Comment

I haz question about the shifter in your car. What did you do to remove the old shifter knob?

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                          1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                          1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                          2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                          2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

I sawed it off with a hack saw blade in my hand. Some say just grabbing it will get it off but mine was on there really really tight.
                            ~David~

Comment

Ok, cool. Obviously it was not very hard to cut off? Mine is almost chrome free lol.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                              1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                              1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                              2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                              2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

I used some channel locks and twisted the dern thing off. then a rubber mallet to pound the new one on in the Mark. Still have one to put on the 88 if I ever do anything to make that car look any better.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                                Originally posted by dmccaig
                                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                                X