No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice! Same radiator I have, with the same problem with the hold downs. If you find some stock ones that will fit let me know...I had to rig up a temporary solution using the stock ones, but it's not very nice looking. I have yet to go to a yard, but I imagine a van or truck with a larger radiator would have ones that should work.
    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

I always thought that the solution to getting the three core to hold down was to grab another of the larger stock brackets. But I guess not or this NON original three core has different size tanks.....

I'll let you know if I do find one. It is on the list of things to look into at the yards.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
        I always thought that the solution to getting the three core to hold down was to grab another of the larger stock brackets. But I guess not or this NON original three core has different size tanks.....

I'll let you know if I do find one. It is on the list of things to look into at the yards.
        Couldn't you perhaps, make one? Fab up some aluminum and it'd look better than stock.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
        The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
        It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

I am sure I can but I would still have to sort out the rubber situation up there. I'd first like to entertain the stock approach.
          ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Painted Motor Mounts

PIcked up another set of motor mounts from Rock Auto and painted these up pretty engine aluminum. One came with a decent semi gloss black finish where the rubber was not painted. The other was pretty ugly looking with the entire rubber painted black.....well flacking off black. I fixed all of that buy scuffing them up and hitting them with some engine paint....

Prepped and primed:

Aluminized:

Glossified:

Complete:

~David~

Comment

very nice paint job as usual mang.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Beat the snot out of the car today on my ride. Its nice knowing a new engine is one the way..makes you more courageous in pushing the limits of the old one. Multiple pulls up to 100+ mph resulting in tach readings close to and above 5grand. The 3.73's don't help keeping the rpms down but they sure do help get her up to speed quickly. Not sure how happy the engine is when it revs that high. Sounds like the valves are floating but whatever. lol Finished the ride off with a couple nice brake stands. I love a smoke show.

Gonna prep the timing cover for paint this week. Updates to come.
                That's how you should've always drove it! No more puttin around.

PIcked up another set of motor mounts from Rock Auto and painted these up pretty engine aluminum. One came with a decent semi gloss black finish where the rubber was not painted. The other was pretty ugly looking with the entire rubber painted black.....well flacking off black. I fixed all of that buy scuffing them up and hitting them with some engine paint....

Prepped and primed:

Aluminized:

Glossified:

Complete:

Looks like you had the same problem I had. One was nicely paint and good quality and the other was bare and shitty quality.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

You can see how the nuts and rivets are different. They were both painted but only one seemed to be painted before the rivets and rubber were put into place. The other was painted entirely assembled. IDK.

Oh keep a look out for updates reguarding paint on my tranny pan. This is a 1+ quart unit from Trick Flow. I have plans for it.

~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC
                    You can see how the nuts and rivets are different. They were both painted but only one seemed to be painted before the rivets and rubber were put into place. The other was painted entirely assembled. IDK.

Oh keep a look out for updates reguarding paint on my tranny pan. This is a 1+ quart unit from Trick Flow. I have plans for it.

Oh god. Going to make the pan a masterpiece. Remember! No one will ever see it! "Hey honey, check out my sweet ass tranny pan"

"What'd you call me?"

But I know you've got a thing for your trannys.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

My dad said the same thing about never seeing it. I dont care. I know it will be there. And its gonna be sweet....like a tranny.
                      ~David~

Comment

And its gonna be sweet....like a tranny.

Mother of god.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobcat View Post
                          Oh god. Going to make the pan a masterpiece. Remember! No one will ever see it! "Hey honey, check out my sweet ass tranny pan"

"What'd you call me?"

But I know you've got a thing for your trannys.
                          It's amazing what a good plastic surgeon can do. Go for it Dave!

The tranny pan that is.......

Packman

Comment

oh you guys...
                            ~David~

Comment

Progress on the tranny......PAN has been slow. Too cold outisde to block out the Trick Flow script. Plans are to block the trick flow script free of the textured finish. Trace out a nice piece of tape the exact size of the script. Paint the raised letters with engine primer, aluminum and then clear. Wait a week and place the carefully traced out piece of tape over the script and paint the entire pan a wrinkle black. That will match my engine oil pan then. Alas like I said to cold to do any of that so I had to settle with getting the hardware painted.

Scuffed all of the bolts and washer with a red scotch brite pad and then misted on some aluminum engine paint and clear.

Prepped:

Based:

and Cleared:

~David~

Comment

I lost some motivation with all of the cold weather we have been having. Eager to get back into it but I really do not feel like block sanding out those letters in this weather. Also some jobs coming up have my mind elsewhere.
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X