No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looks good, notice any power or fuel milage increase?
    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post

that airbox is huge!!! it looks big/proper enough to make me want to get rid of my bling bling woo woo intake for that!

Is that metal switch panel new? I didn't notice it at scottfest... thats the perfect spot for switches. I was replacing my headlight switch when i discovered all the space there, and had to go get switches and something to hook them up to that same day
      Metal switch was there at SF, you must have just been blinded by the rest of my interior

And this air intake setup is pretty sweet! It really looks good in the engine compartment as well.

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
      looks good, notice any power or fuel milage increase?
      I dont think i drove it far enough yet to say. But i am sure there is a slight difference.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
        first question, roughly translated, is what did this shit come from?
        Hi Thain

I did some research and found out the years of those parts:

I have a 2004 and up PI air box assembly:

2004 + PI airbox assembly

Great upgrade for 2004 and newer civilian CV’s as it has a larger mass air flow sensor which will result in better airflow and more horsepower.

* Integrated 80mm MAF into the upper lid of the airbox assembly and also includes the lower housing and air filter
        * Factory replacement part on 2004 and newer CV PI’s
        * Does not require a new intake tube although the 2006 PI tube is a great upgrade!
        * REQUIRES A CUSTOM COMPUTER TUNE!

Installation: Direct plug and play, no wiring is needed!

Tech Notes: Different MAF plug on the 04 PI box, you can not use this with the earlier style vics unless you buy the wiring harness

Our Price: $219.95

And a 2006 and up PI zip tube:

2006 PI Zip Tube

Original zip tube used on 2006 PI

* Redesigned and less restrictive
        * Removed air baffles
        * Fits aftermarket throttle bodies
        * For any 05 and newer CV with either the stock or 80mm PI MAF

Installation: Installs in the same location and same way as stock

Tech Notes: Has one vacuum port. Blocks oil fill cap on some cars. May need to remove to change oil.

Our Price: $69.99

Everything was found here: http://www.adtr.net/shop.php?page=intake

Hope this helps.
        ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

will that fit on an HO (not sure if u have HO or not yet, didnt feel like lookin through 15 pages), cause im tryin to figure out what kind of air intake im going to put on when i convert mine later this month.

Comment

Originally posted by insomniac391 View Post
            will that fit on an HO (not sure if u have HO or not yet, didnt feel like lookin through 15 pages), cause im tryin to figure out what kind of air intake im going to put on when i convert mine later this month.
            Sure will.
            ~David~

Comment

Premium Sound Angled Speaker Pod Installation and New Door Weatherstripping

This afternoon i got around to installing my 90/91 CV/GMQ Premium Sound angled speaker pods. I picked them up at Scottfest when we went through EZ pull. Easy enough to do, just place it on the door, mark out the spots to drill and install. I also have the covers for them...but those will have to wait.

P.Side:

D.Side:

I also got around to installing the 60+ feet of door weatherstripping material i swiped a couple weeks ago from my work site. I have no idea where it is from, but the only thing i do know is that i got a 60+foot bundle

Here are the dimensions i got from a little cross section i cut out...maybe someone can match it up to a product on some website???

It seems to seal very well, even on the corner of the door. I will know for sure once it rains out.

Here it is installed on my car:

P.Side:

D. Side:

And a picture of the material i have left and the old p side weather stripping laying under it:

Just for laughs it will take anyone 13 1/2 feet of material per door on a tudor vehicle.
              ~David~

Comment

great work! hows it sound?

Yeah and if someone could find out where that weatherstripping is from...welll I'll go out and buy some for my rear doors haha
                -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

daaaaaang man....i just went through the whole thread.

looks awesome! cant wait to see it completed. high school project?

how did you mount the fogs behind the grill? how well they work?

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
                    great work! hows it sound?

Yeah and if someone could find out where that weatherstripping is from...welll I'll go out and buy some for my rear doors haha
                    It sounds ok, i actually down graded speakers because my existing ones wouldnt fit in the pod so i just threw in some cheapo speakers i had lying around. I still have to tune the amplifier correctly to be happy, but it doesnt sound bad!

Originally posted by RustyRodder View Post
                    daaaaaang man....i just went through the whole thread.

looks awesome! cant wait to see it completed. high school project?

how did you mount the fogs behind the grill? how well they work?
                    I am in my junior year of college at the moment.....but this has been a project since well...junior year of high school when i first got the car.

It was a good read wasnt it...lots of transformations and lots of pictures to look at. I try to keep it entertaining.

And the fogs are just bolted to the header panel on a little lip behind the grille, if you look underneath the hood of your car you will see what i am talking about.

And its a nice feeling having new guys enjoy the work i do.
                    ~David~

Comment

yes, lots of them! wats going to be next?

took me a while to figure out why your taillights were different then mine.

Comment

I still have the stockers packed in a box somewhere.....whats next??? not sure what will come first but i have everything i need besides a cam for a ho swap...but i really want my car one color first.
                        ~David~

Comment

just want a stock H.O. cam? I may have a lead on one if you need it.

going brown again?

Comment

David...

Where there is a seam on the weatherstrip, slide some soft vacuum hose in to help seal the joint. It will be flexible, yet it'll also help hold the ends together.

Your enthusiasm for this car and projects is commendable.
                            **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                            **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                            **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                            **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by RustyRodder View Post
                              just want a stock H.O. cam? I may have a lead on one if you need it.

going brown again?
                              Yeas i will be going brown...go brown or go home! And i am not entirely sure what cam i want yet...I am lucky enough to surrounded by Mustang people near long island that just love getting rid of parts...so we will see....I actually just got a HO upper intake and matching lower the other day. Now i have a spare

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
                              David...

Where there is a seam on the weatherstrip, slide some soft vacuum hose in to help seal the joint. It will be flexible, yet it'll also help hold the ends together.

Your enthusiasm for this car and projects is commendable.
                              Thanks and that is a good tip, i will have to do that.
                              ~David~

Comment

awesome!

hope to see ya on the road sometime

Comment

Working...
                                X