No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuned the amp to accept the new cheapo speakers, and i found out that they are truly cheapo speakers. I got them for free while purchasing a radio a couple of years ago and this is the first time i used them. They simply cant handle what the previous speakers handled but i guess its ok, because i am sure i was going deaf in my car anyways.

And i noticed it takes a bit more effort to close my doors now with the new puffy weatherstripping. I guess thats a good thing? hopefully it passes the rain test, otherwise the BFH will come out again to mess with the channel the weatherstripping sits on to make it seal better.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Your enthusiasm for this car and projects is commendable.
      Indeed. I need to do the same to mine.
      Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Painting 90/91 CV/GMQ Premium Sound Angled Speaker Pod Covers

Today I painted my 90/91 CV/GMQ Premium Sound angled speaker pod covers. I couldn't find any in the correct color during Scottfest so I settled for gray. I used Duplicolors Fabric and Vinyl paint in Desert Sand color to paint the pods. I was skeptical about using Fabric and Vinyl paint but the representatives from Duplicolor assured me that it is suitable on hard interior plastics, and they were right. It came out pretty darn good. Color looks very similar and the finish is amazing I will know for sure if the color matches perfectly after I bring them inside from drying. No primer was necessary because this paint has a lot of adhesion promoter within itself but I still cleaned them up good before applying the first coat. So far I would definitely recommend this product for anybody.

Here are the covers in the original gray color:

After just the first coat:

After the second coat:

And after the third and final coat:

And a final shot of them drying in the sun with a freaking bug getting high off the paint on one of the pod covers.... At least they were dry already:

~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Just compared them to my door panel and the color is almost an exact match, just a tad brighter. I am truly satisfied.
          ~David~

Comment

wow its looks great!
            1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
            1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
            1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
            1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

I now have no wind noise whatsoever with the instillation of new door weatherstripping :banana:
              ~David~

Comment

wahoo! awesome!

seeing this made me check some things on my car....

Comment

Premium Sound Decals

Siliconed on my Ford Premium Sound decals:

~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                    Tuned the amp to accept the new cheapo speakers, and i found out that they are truly cheapo speakers. I got them for free while purchasing a radio a couple of years ago and this is the first time i used them. They simply cant handle what the previous speakers handled but i guess its ok, because i am sure i was going deaf in my car anyways.
                    I had a set of those once. They were crap, but they were better than the original blown door speakers in my Towncar. I moved them on to greener pastures when I got the free set of Rockford Fosgates that currently live in the doors.
                    Last edited by gadget73; 09-21-2009, 05:31 PM.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

looks great dave I like the premium sound stickers

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                      302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                      k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Hey Dave, beware your feet with those speaker pods. They always seemed to get in the way on the car's I've delt with.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                          I now have no wind noise whatsoever with the instillation of new door weatherstripping :banana:
                          im jealous!
                          -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                            Hey Dave, beware your feet with those speaker pods. They always seemed to get in the way on the car's I've delt with.
                            Actually before the pods were even installed my feet always hit the door panel....i am a glutton for punishment. But it will look damn good.

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
                            im jealous!
                            haha its pretty amazing what puffy new weatherstripping can do.
                            ~David~

Comment

sweet ride! may i ask where you got that frosted ford emblem for the rear window?
                              Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
                              New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Originally posted by hemihotrod402 View Post
                                sweet ride! may i ask where you got that frosted ford emblem for the rear window?
                                Thanks!

And I have no idea....My dad installed it once he got the car a number of years ago. I am almost certain you can still find one around.
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X