My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks.

I have. Currently the wheel are fully painted versions. The centers around the hubs are progressively getting bubblier...ala corroding aluminum.

I either want to get them entirely refinished in one color...powder coat.

Get them blasted and paint them one color.

Get them blasted and tuetone the bish. Black and aluminum.

I am getting ultra (or just regular) high performance all seasons for them next year as the current tires on them are toast. Decision time.

I need good tires for cold weather as these are the good winter weather driving wheels and tires.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

New tires means time to shred the old ones to pieces. Whenever Khead sends me his turbines that's whats going to happen my tires..

I think the bright wheel lip with a charcoal metallic center would look great. Don't know who could polish that up real nice short of a professional outfit. As for powdercoating, there's one name in the industry that makes the best clearcoat, Akzo Nobel, 158C121. It probably has a different trade name now but that's what snagged most if not all OEM approvals and offered top notch UV durability. They have very nice basecoats & primers too.
      Last edited by DerekTheGreat; 12-06-2016, 07:24 AM. Reason: Output? No, outFIT.
      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Yeah the rears are kinda toast now still from old motor abuse:

With new motor and those tires I can just punch the throttle at 25-30mph and break them loose in this cold weather. Will have to swap the fronts onto the rear and give them a proper burial too.
        ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Uh.......there's still some tread left in them. They're not toast until you see the belt sticking out. ;-)

Comment

Tru dat. I am afraid of what comes after that....stoved in quarter panels.
            ~David~

Comment

At the least you can try your hand with rolling the fender lips. That way you can get some fatter meat under there so you don't have to worry about roasting the tires anymore. :-D

Comment

Aint happening ever.

These are stock HPP size tires (225 60 16's) that are wasted...plus these are the winter set.

I have my nice LX sport wheels with 255 50 17's that are just fine for the power the cars putting out.
                ~David~

Comment

Snow donuts are fun and less damaging to tires.

Comment

But the salt....

Comment

I'd cry if I have to drive this car in rain. Imagine snow with all the salt.
                      ~David~

Comment

Some fun from today.

~David~

Comment

And some pics from a completely dead Montauk Point.

Car did not die at all today going from park to drive. I guess that is a good thing, although I was looking forward to finding out why it was doing it.
                          ~David~

Comment

Get the stalling issue sorted out?

Comment

This makes me want to see just how obnoxious the exhaust on The Red Velvet Cake is at full chat with a rear mounted gopro or similar.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                              Originally posted by dmccaig
                              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Sly, if you're not burning any oil you'll have to wait till stupid-cold weather sets in to see anything, that's why his is visible - and even with low ambient temperatures I suspect as long as his engine and exhaust pipes are nice and toasty when he gets on the throttle there's exactly not much of anything visible.
                                The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
                                The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

Working...
                                X