Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
    Get the stalling issue sorted out?
    It wouldn't do it at all. Maybe it sorted itself out? It was the first time I experienced it ever happening...the going from park to drive stall....maybe something was just hanging up like an IAC or something. I will keeping my eye out for it again.

Originally posted by His Royal Ghostliness View Post
    Sly, if you're not burning any oil you'll have to wait till stupid-cold weather sets in to see anything, that's why his is visible - and even with low ambient temperatures I suspect as long as his engine and exhaust pipes are nice and toasty when he gets on the throttle there's exactly not much of anything visible.
    Was high 20's out where the pics were taken.

It could be burning oil too for all I know. Too early to tell yet.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by His Royal Ghostliness View Post
      Sly, if you're not burning any oil you'll have to wait till stupid-cold weather sets in to see anything, that's why his is visible - and even with low ambient temperatures I suspect as long as his engine and exhaust pipes are nice and toasty when he gets on the throttle there's exactly not much of anything visible.
      I was referring to the noise. I would suspect water vapor and some unburned gas smoking a little in the cats if anything.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
        Yeah the rears are kinda toast now still from old motor abuse:

With new motor and those tires I can just punch the throttle at 25-30mph and break them loose in this cold weather. Will have to swap the fronts onto the rear and give them a proper burial too.
        Nice, I have yet to own anything that even chirps the tires at speed. You should enlist a friend to video tape what the smokies look like from outside the car. I might havta upload my fireturd doing donuts lol. When Khead sends me those turbines I will make my Townie do it's first ever doughnuts to kill off those 20+ year old tires.

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
        Snow donuts are fun and less damaging to tires.
        Originally posted by packman View Post
        But the salt....
        Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
        I'd cry if I have to drive this car in rain. Imagine snow with all the salt.
        I'm the same way, ugh, hate salt, makes me cringe like nails on a chalkboard.
        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

She's looking good, you should come down to visit John and I sometime! I'd be really interested to see what your tuner did with the tune.

I also see you're growing out the cop 'stache. No shenanigans meow.

I can say...I've never driven the LTD on a salted road (well once by accident, but it immediately got the undercarriage hosed off) and in the 9 (HAS IT BEEN 9 YEARS?!) since I've first gotten the car, the rust, both surface, and on the rear quarters, has not really gotten any worse. So there is hope for these old cars if you keep the salt off um!
          Last edited by Brown_Muscle; 12-12-2016, 01:58 PM.
          -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
            Nice, I have yet to own anything that even chirps the tires at speed. You should enlist a friend to video tape what the smokies look like from outside the car. I might havta upload my fireturd doing donuts lol. When Khead sends me those turbines I will make my Townie do it's first ever doughnuts to kill off those 20+ year old tires.

Thats with the old stock lopo motor. New motor donuts would/will be much more epic.

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
            She's looking good, you should come down to visit John and I sometime! I'd be really interested to see what your tuner did with the tune.

I also see you're growing out the cop 'stache. No shenanigans meow.
            Thanks. I don;t know if John told you but I wanted to come over last Saturday but it just didnt work out. I wanted to solve the stalling silliness beforehand as well as integrate my wideband into binary editor through the EVP wire on the computer. I also worked until 3:30 in the morning and was one tired dude all day.

Yes and yes to copper stache. I had emailed John the tune if you are interested in looking at it.
            ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

You need some aviator glasses and a flat brim Stetson to finish off the look.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                You need some aviator glasses and a flat brim Stetson to finish off the look.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Picked up a set of BBS Ford Center caps.

Here is a BBS Center Cap on an actual BBS wheel. You can make out the BBS stamped into the hub area:

I read that actual BBS wheels were 1" wider. No idea if it is true or not but they look close enough to the HPP wheels I have so I said why not?

BBS....Big Brake Swap? lol it works for me as that is already done.

The set I have is an actual Ford piece dated 1995!

Here they are before I cleaned them up:

And an hour later after washing, claying, metal polishing and wheel waxing:

They will be installed next year sometime after I have the HPP wheels refinished. Would love to get them stripped. Have the dishes polished and the centers black. I’ll find out what would be best for me once I visit a couple of wheel refinishing places.
                  ~David~

Comment

If you were to do anything other then metallic silver on the whole wheel perhaps you would consider a Blobby Brown?
                    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                    12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Yeah, paint all the flat spots around the center cap brown, including the flat spots within the pattern.

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
                      mods: air filter box 'tuba', headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, KYB Gas-A-Just shocks, aluminum driveshaft, ARA3 PCM

Comment

BBS: Brown Blob Special/Super/Supreme/Superfly/S---
                        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

BBS Kraftfahrzeugtechnik AG began in 1970 in Schiltach, Germany, by Heinrich Baumgartner and Klaus Brand as a manufacturing plant for plastic auto body parts. The initials BBS are based on the last names of the two founders and the city in which the company was founded (Baumgartner, Brand, Schiltach).
                          lol Derek.
                          ~David~

Comment

Pulled the cover off her and let her run for 40 minutes or so while I routed the 0 to 4V data logger lead from my wideband into the engine compartment.

This wire out of the widebands harness will get hardwired to pin 27 of the computer. Pin 27 is the 0 to 5V input to the computer from the EVP sensor.

Inside binary editor I will have to tell the datalogger to look at the EVP signal as a wideband input. I will also have to make a new transfer function mapping my widebands analog output in volts to AFR.

I should be set to datalog with AFR in addition to the normal inputs the cars A9P computer monitors.

After I was done routing the wire into the engine compartment I noticed a spot underneath the power steering pump.

Looks like this cold weather caused the pump to leak some inbetween the pumps body and the block that the high pressure power steering line plumbs into.

Looked for a wrench that fits but 22 is too small and 24 is too big. Of course I dont have a 23. Bah humbug.
                            ~David~

Comment

I don't think its metric. Try 7/8. 22mm is .866", 7/8 is .875, 24mm is .944"

So no EGR function on this? It doesn't work right without monitoring the EVP output.
                              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

The 7/8 I had was no good either. I'll have to try again to be sure. I dont even know if snugging up on the fitting is possible.

And yes, no EGR on this car. Due to me running no EGR on the car I am able to go this route with monitoring the AFR through the EVP input.
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X