X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great looking car! Wonderful color !! Brown ftw
    -Nick M.
    Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
    03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

Comment

Incredible car. I never get tired of the pictures you take of it.

Comment

Thanks guys.

Here are some with my fathers car:

~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

The garden gnome looks confused.

Dad's car is stock? Looks well kept, I see where you get it from.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

We're going to need some closer pictures of the Mustang's engine!

I've never seen a back hatch like that before. Do you or your dad have any info on it?
            —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
            1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
            1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
            1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

Both look great. Biggest question here is, which is faster?
              2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
              2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
              Past Panthers
              1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
              if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Pre 85 (no chmsl) spoiler?

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                  The garden gnome looks confused.

Dad's car is stock? Looks well kept, I see where you get it from.
                  Basically a stock car....Hatch insert, SVO sail panels, cheese grater taillights, nite shaded side markers, ported heads, smog delete, headers, no cats, dual exhaust, off road x pipe, 8.8 rear with 3.08's, bigger clutch etc, some sorta short throw shifter, sony radio and Jensen Amp, strut bar, 1987-1993 Front brakes, caster/camber plates, weld on sub-frame connectors, 1993 Cobra wheels, some Mustang emblems and some headlight and fog light fuckery.

Originally posted by Giraffe View Post
                  We're going to need some closer pictures of the Mustang's engine!

I've never seen a back hatch like that before. Do you or your dad have any info on it?
                  Just a stock engine. Has the stock heads ported by some local guy eons ago. Smog delete and 134r ac upgrade.

The hatch is stock. The glass was removed and an insert from a company named AutoEx was installed during the 90's. My dad had the car since new back in 1985.

Originally posted by tjc78 View Post
                  Both look great. Biggest question here is, which is faster?
                  Thanks. We have not tested which is faster. Probably his though because of the transmission.

Originally posted by mitymerc View Post
                  Pre 85 (no chmsl) spoiler?
                  Stock 1985 spoiler. 86 they started having the third brake light.
                  Last edited by 87gtVIC; 01-31-2017, 05:15 PM.
                  ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Looking good! That thar be the HO CFI set up??? I'm curious to have a peek under the air cleaner...
                    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Thanks and No.

If the car was a V8 Auto it would have been equipped as such.

This is a V8 5spd car so it got the 4barrrel carb.
                      ~David~

Comment

Ahh

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Hrm, I wonder why that is? Now to see if OldCarBrochures has an '85 Mustang brochure...
                          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                          1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Not a clue why. 5spd cars had more HP that year because of the 4 barrel. Last year for the carburetor to be found on a Mustang GT too.
                            ~David~

Comment

. They also got the same roller cam used on the EFI HO engines, which perhaps had something to do with it. The CFI car had a flat tappet cam.
                              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

A while back the drivers side door lock actuator was starting to go limp in one direction. I think it locked up fine but will not unlock under its own power. Scanned the ebays some for a replacement (as the one in there was a used unit my father had on hand and made to fit from another vehicle) and happened upon a set of NOS actuators for a reasonable price. Even if all that was needed was a bit of lubrication I will not feel bad.

They are on their way to me now. I really do hate removing the door panels on this car. Its not that it is difficult or anything, its the poor condition of the door panels backers. Makes me sad. While the door panels are off I think I will install my two door grand marquis under armrest lights as well as paint in the two silver accents on my door panel pull straps/handles.
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X