My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
    There is also the electrical aspect of the install. Gots to find me some powers that come on with the door switch as well as when one turns the headlamp switch all the way to the left(?).
    If they're like the 4 doors, the wiring is already present in the doors for the lights, all you have to do is add the connector that has the bulb socket.

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
      If they're like the 4 doors, the wiring is already present in the doors for the lights, all you have to do is add the connector that has the bulb socket.
      Now that would be a pleasant surprise.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

In my case the connectors were there but there wasn't any power going to the passenger side one IIRC. I tapped off the floor light.
        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
          Yes; that is what I found when I got the armrests from the MGM. I found to my surprise that the wire and connector were taped to the inner door frame of the CV. I failed to get the connectors from the MGM, so for reasons that I can no longer remember, the bulbs or the sockets didn't work. I will get back to that one day.

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
            In my case the connectors were there but there wasn't any power going to the passenger side one IIRC. I tapped off the floor light.
            Yes now that you mention it, mine also didn't have power, and I couldn't find the connector to make it right, so I too tapped off of the floor light.

Comment

Funny that they'd put the connector in the door but not add the connector which powers it. I traced the passenger side lead to another harness that was just taped up behind the kick panel, so at least I didn't have to snake a wire through the tube. Can't remember if it was the same deal on the driver's side though.

Comment

Funny that they'd put the connector in the door but not add the connector which powers it. I traced the passenger side lead to another harness that was just taped up behind the kick panel, so at least I didn't have to snake a wire through the tube. Can't remember if it was the same deal on the driver's side though.
                Driver side was powered already. I do recall that.

Comment

Duck tail mod.
                  ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Better than the duck lips mod.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Agreed. Didn't think chicks were still doing that but then again, I'm usually wrong. Thought the Blob was stored indoors/garage?

Comment

I don't have Facepalm so I don't know what the yutes are doing these days.
                        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

The yutes are the futcha.
                          03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                          02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                          08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                          12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Agreed. Didn't think chicks were still doing that but then again, I'm usually wrong. Thought the Blob was stored indoors/garage?
                            Nope. Carcover life.
                            ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                              I don't have Facepalm so I don't know what the yutes are doing these days.
                              Fakebook seems more appropriate name for that clusterfuck sometimes, altho Facepalm also fits it quite well

Originally posted by jaywish View Post
                              The yutes are the futcha.
                              Da fuq??? If I'm understanding this correct I sure as hell hope you're wrong, given what current people of lower age than us are like...
                              The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
                              The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

Ah, I see. Shows covers work just as well.

Fakebook, lol that is indeed more like it. I have an account, although I never post and never check it.

Sent with my phonic while eating biscuits & mustard with French-fried taters mm-hmm.

Comment

Working...
                                X