Clear All

He has good...Guy talk.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

That he does haha. Kinda why we watch his videos, hilarious.
      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Theres a British dude I watch who would refer to that as "a fanny's hair".
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

AvE sometimes also refers to them as a "blond one". Keep your dick in a vice. It's chooched. It chooches. Skookum as frig. Springin' & sprongin'. Cock for Dolly. Dirty dick beaters...
          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
          1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Don't forget to remove the electron marsal vane from the sparky bit. Wouldn't want to turn your hand to schmoo.
            —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
            1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
            1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
            1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

Cockford-Ollie all run together...
              And beware the angry pixies... they bite.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Is this valve adjustment job done and over with yet? If not I got a few questions:

1) how tall from edge of head where gasket lays to top of poly-locks?
                2) what roller rockers?
                3) how tall are the valve covers (from gasket surface to outside top surface)?

I'm looking for something that will clear the 1.72 Scorps (2.5" from head edge to top of poly-locks right now) AND fit under the Explo upper with its goddamn retarded pressed-in vacuum ports (the two elbows), and on top of that I got an IAC hanging under the TB which limits my height to 2.75" tops at the inboard edge of the VCs...
                The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
                The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

Well. Unfortunately that ship has sailed.

To hopefully help out in some manner I can say that with my TFS heads, 1.6 TFS roller rockers STOCK PANTHER valve covers DID NOT FIT, STOCK MUSTANG (86-93) DID NOT FIT.

I had to purchase the TFS valve covers to clear my rockers. Guess what did not fit then...THE UPPER INTAKE. So I absolutely needed to run a 1/2 inch spacer to make room for intake vacuum plumbings.

Sorry I cannot help you out more.

Any ways I pressed on the power steering pulley then plumbed in the return line to the pump and the new high pressure line between the pump and adapter at the steering box.

Installed the alternator and fan/shroud. Slipped the belt on and tightened her up as well as re-tensioned the ac belt.

Drained the oil and changed out the filter and tightened the h pipe to header bolts.

put the charger on the battery and dropped the upper intake on her. Also dumped in some coolant. Maybe fire her up tomorrow????

Gonna make a run to for oil in the morning. Have plenty of coolant and power steering fluid (tranny fluid) on hand.
                  ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Yeah it's fuckin bullshit a whole bunch of manufacturers don't even provide height measurements. It's either "tall" (how tall is tall, big difference between 3.5" and 5" height) or "stock height" (again which one, there are like 3 different heights available from the factory). Wasted like 2 hours with this bullshit on Jegs, guess tonight I waste another 2 hrs on Summit's website...

Where did you get the intake spacer? May have to go that route myself, altho I have doubts the bitch will even be able to close the hood as is.
                    The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.

Comment

I have one from trick flow or bbk. I purchased a couple different ones. May be 3/8" and not 1/2"...I forget.but the vacuum fittings literally JUST clear.
                      ~David~

Comment

You mean the two 3/8" tubing elbows under the wide end of the intake, right, above the passenger-side valve cover in your car? Yeah I think those will get shortened to next to nothing then plugged with I haven't decided what just yet, or I may even yank them out and drill and tap for something (intake will need to pressurized during this to make sure none of the shavings fall inside).

What blows is that the way everything sits in my project I got the IAC motor limiting my VC height on the narrow side of the upper intake. I can rotate TB but then I end up with throttle linkage on top of the intake, makes the hood even less likely to close... I'd be pretty darn pissed if I end up fabbing a cowl-induction hood for this damn thing, sheemetal welding is NOT one of my favorite ways to pass the time, lol

Comment

Originally posted by His Royal Ghostliness View Post
                          Is this valve adjustment job done and over with yet? If not I got a few questions:

1) how tall from edge of head where gasket lays to top of poly-locks?
                          2) what roller rockers?
                          3) how tall are the valve covers (from gasket surface to outside top surface)?

I'm looking for something that will clear the 1.72 Scorps (2.5" from head edge to top of poly-locks right now) AND fit under the Explo upper with its goddamn retarded pressed-in vacuum ports (the two elbows), and on top of that I got an IAC hanging under the TB which limits my height to 2.75" tops at the inboard edge of the VCs...
                          its the poly locks that will be the problem. I've got the same stuff but the pedestal versions fitting under 1985 Mustang covers without issues.

if you're getting rid of the elbows you may be able to just hammer them out, then drill/tap for a pipe plug to seal it properly. 1/4 NPT should be about the right size.
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Actually it would appear factory Mk7 covers are tall enough to clear the poly-locks. But they have casting ribs in all sorts of stupid places that collide with the roller rockers. Half a day with the die grinder can fix that, but I don't wanna waste any more time than absolutely necessary.

Yeah 1/4" NPT was what I was thinking as well, and I have internal-hex plugs that will be perfect for the job and allow for maximum clearance... Wait, on a 2nd thought fuck all this bull, I can weld aluminum so I can just plug the holes that way, quick and easy enough!

Comment

meh, i'd tap it just in case for some reason in the future a port is needed in that spot.

I'm actually amazed at how big internally the 85 covers are. I fully expected them to have issues with the Scorpion parts, but not a one. I stuck those on when I found how shot my Crane parts were, and I remembered that I had the Scorpion parts doing nothing.

Comment

I wanted to use the port under the fat end of the intake for factory like PCV and vacuum pluming...so I found a way to make them work, much with anything in life that you want.

Started this afternoon by cranking the motor over a bunch of times with coil wire removed to prime the power steering pump. After that came time to start the engine. Yikes. Ticking sound like no other coming from the back of the drivers side valve cover. Ripped the intake off and pulled the valve cover off to find the #8 exhaust valves rocker arm mega loose. Oops. Fixed that and everything was better BUT the friggin power steering line from the steering box to the coupler. She no happy now. Cannot win with this power steering leaks on this car. At last I am fixing leaks, though new ones are arising. Light was fading fast so I was in no mood to go measuring for you Ivan.

All that left to do now is fix this new power steering leak, install the wire separators on the drivers side, install the dizzy condom and maybe that is all.
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X