No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess that would work. Like you said in the other thread "it is better to under fuse"
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Another 140 Speedometer

Bought a 140 speedo off of ebay. Gonna eventually use this one to place an electrical oil pressure gauge and electrical water temperature gauge into like blaze did. I will then place my voltmeter into my single a pillar gauge pod. All this work just so I can eliminate the gauges that are on my ash tray and have everything basically at eye level. Everything is gonna look sweet though. I miss my a pillar gauge pod.

(pic from ebay ad)
      ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

'86 HO Intake PLate

Got a 86 HO intake plate today. I traded an aftermarket looking Mustang plate straight up for it. Gonna get it sandblasted and then paint it during the summer.

The one I traded:

My new intake plate:

My friend gave the aftermarket piece to me a while back so everything was free
        ~David~

Comment

Carpet Underpadding and Mud Flaps

Here are some pics of my fancy mudflaps I had stored for three years now, as well as the thickness of one of two carpet underpaddings I have yet to install.

1/2 thick Carpet Underpadding

And my Stainless/rubber mudflaps. They should go REAL well with the entire look of the car if it ever gets complete.

~David~

Comment

I have a growing collection of parts for my car too. Sucks looking at all that stuff in the corner when you'd love to see it on the car. I have NOS trim pieces in boxes, stuck in the corners, parts in my shed, etc. I'm waiting on my NOS passenger side mirror to show up. I think its the cable control one, but I was planning to gut it and transfer the electric mirror stuff over. What I paid for the whole thing was so cheap that it will be worth it.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yeah it is ridiculous. My entire car is apart, sitting inside my room along with all other goodies. I keep saying to myself "One day, one day" Needless to say, that day has not come yet.
              ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                Yeah it is ridiculous. My entire car is apart, sitting inside my room along with all other goodies. I keep saying to myself "One day, one day" Needless to say, that day has not come yet.
                x1 yeah I got a lot of parts for the car sitting around in the garage. I just don't have the time anymore

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

'86 HO Intake Plate Sandblasted and Arrival of 140 MPH Speedometer

Got my intake plate sandblasted. Not to many surprises under the original finish, just some dents and nicks. They wont even be noticeable after I am done with it. I plan to paint it black then sand off the high spots to a machine like finish then clear it.

Before Sandblasting:

After Sandblasting:

My 140 speedo came today as well. I have big plans for this one.
                  • Yellow Low Fuel LED Warning Light
                  • Red Flashing LED Theft Deterrent
                  • Adding two more illumination lights onto the two already present
                  • Electrical Water temp gauge
                  • Electrical Oil Pressure gauge

It will be a fun project.
                  ~David~

Comment

Funny, I'd never noticed that the 140mph speedos had no low fuel light.

How are you going to integrate the new gauges?

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                    160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                    waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

wait, 85mph speedos have a fuel light? what?

Dave, its gonna look good!

Comment

Canadian (180KPH) crown vic speedos do.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                        160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                        waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

Comment

The low fuel light and check oil lights are optional on civilian models, but not on police cars. If you transfer over the foil from the civi speedo and cut the windows out for the indicator lamps, it should work. The fuel and oil bulbs are the upper set that are missing. The civi speedos also have 2 more illumination lamps than the police ones do. Have a look at the lower corners and you'll see where a bulb looks like it belongs, but theres nothing to power it. Civi foil traces cover those spots so bulbs work.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
                            Funny, I'd never noticed that the 140mph speedos had no low fuel light.

How are you going to integrate the new gauges?
                            Dont forget them missing the low oil dummy light as well.

I am going to use this as my guide to success: Gauge Install

Originally posted by RustyRodder View Post
                            wait, 85mph speedos have a fuel light? what?

Dave, its gonna look good!
                            Maybe some of them did not? I know my 85mph speedo did have a low fuel warning light. You must have a base model.

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                            The low fuel light and check oil lights are optional on civilian models, but not on police cars. If you transfer over the foil from the civi speedo and cut the windows out for the indicator lamps, it should work.
                            John (86VickyLX) made the low fuel and low oil gauges work on his car...I wanted to look at them but I was just overwhelmed by everything during Scottfest.
                            ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post

Maybe some of them did not? I know my 85mph speedo did have a low fuel warning light. You must have a base model.
                              dude, the extent of my non-standard features is cruise control. i think its a base model:smirk:. not even the rubber bumper guards!

Comment

you got cruise control? Bling bling. Mine didn't even come with a passenger side mirror.

Comment

Working...
                                X