My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
    You're gonna run the civillian circuit board right? The one with the extra lights on the bottom right?
    No. But I will have the added illumination anyway see post: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showpost...&postcount=467
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Thats going to look good, I just don't have the heart, or patience to drill into my speedo.
      "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
      1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
        No. But I will have the added illumination anyway see post: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showpost...&postcount=467
        Gotcha

Comment

Couldn't you use those smaller gauges so there'd be more room?
          2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
          2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
          2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
          1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

I do not think there is a way to avoid them. So little room to work in that moving any which way lands you upon another problem. Another major difficulty is the fact that the speedometer slops downward as it spans from right to left giving one less and less room to play with on the left side.
            I thought it looked like that was the case. Does Blaze's thread mention the problem at all?

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
            1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
            But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
              Couldn't you use those smaller gauges so there'd be more room?
              Well it would be too late know for me, but do you have something in mind?

Originally posted by Nathan in MI View Post
              I thought it looked like that was the case. Does Blaze's thread mention the problem at all?
              No. Not a word regarding that problem. This is no big deal at all to me, I am fixing everything up no problem, but I always thought it was strange that no pictures of the cluster from behind were taken by him.
              ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Directionals Repaired

Some pics of the reconstruction

Now it is time to start purchasing some gauges.
                ~David~

Comment

Some pics of the reconstruction

Now it is time to start purchasing some gauges.
                  What do you plan on running in there?

Comment

gauge wise? Just some sunpro style line white faced electric oil pressure and tem gauges.
                    ~David~

Comment

gauge wise? Just some sunpro style line white faced electric oil pressure and tem gauges.
                      Yeah. And what of the other oil psi and temp gauges?

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                        Yeah. And what of the other oil psi and temp gauges?
                        Try to sell them.
                        ~David~

Comment

Try to sell them.
                          Ah, are you gonna put other gauges in their place? How many gauges do you have total in your Vic?

Comment

Right now I have underneath the ashtray a Voltmeter, a mechanical water temperature gauge, and a mechanical oil pressure gauge. In the police pod I have an air fuel ratio (light show) gauge, an amp gauge and a vacuum gauge.

I will be removing the amp gauge totally from the car and putting in it's place my voltmeter. I will be putting new electrical oil pressure and water temp. gauges into my speedometer and installing a replacement ash tray I have so everything is seamless again.

I was originally thinking of moving the voltmeter gauge to my single a pillar gauge pod but decided that I don't like the amp gauge so the volt gauge will take it's place.
                            ~David~

Comment

I've got gauge envy!!!
                              sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Want me to make your gauge envy even worse? Dave actually has an envy gauge in his car, that registers the degree of envy shown by others when they see his gauges.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                                1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                                But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Working...
                                X