My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spit?! i see spit and leaves.

i always liked those rims. that size are they? and what size hight/width are your tires? i might snag a cheap set at the junkyards and slap them on my 4 door galaxie.
    sigpic
    67 Ltd tudor
    67 Ltd 4door
    85 Ltd 4door

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan in MI View Post
      Spit on the ground?
      I would have thought that the Quagmire smiley would have set your dirty minds off, but alas my plan to make a funny hath backfired. O well.

It was actually tire shine gel

Originally posted by Leo View Post

i always liked those rims. that size are they? and what size hight/width are your tires? i might snag a cheap set at the junkyards and slap them on my 4 door galaxie.
      I think they are 7 inches wide and I know they are 16 inches in diameter I have 215 65 16s on them now. I had to use half inch spacers.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Body Work Week Five.Lost photos....

I actually forgot to post these up and while looking over my thread I saw that I have body work weeks 1,2,3,4 and 6 but I forgot to give you guys 5. This was done around June/July of 2009 to date the paint still looks like new. The rustoleum I used holds up really well.

Week 5 consisted of me painting the underhood myself:

It was originally red. Here it all sanded and de greased ( it was a freaking mess)

Primed:

And Painted:

And My car without the hood:

~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

damn i did not realize u painted the car. Gotta change your sig!!! Lookin nice.

Comment

Liking that under hood tach, also your back yard is very nice.
            "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
            1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Illumination Sneak Peak

Thanks..and it is not painted yet. You wait you will be amazed once the car is totally painted and fully assembled. You will be pitching tent, I guarantee it You will never have seen a more elegantly put together car.

Check these pics out of the speedometer I did a quick bench test...And this is with just two 5 way leds!!

Sorry they are soo shaky.
              ~David~

Comment

If you come across a NOS parts place that can get you those rear wheel chromes for a good price let me know, lowest Ive found so far is $156 a piece, Im willing to do $100.
                "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
                1985 GMC 1500

Comment

You got it.
                  ~David~

Comment

Excellent, Ill do the same.
                    1985 GMC 1500

Comment

speedo looks good!

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                      160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                      waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

How long until she's completed?

Did you do the full HO or just the upper stuff?
                        sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Thanks. Hopefully the car will be done withing the next month or so...but I have been saying that since early 2009.

I just put HO upper stuff.
                          ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                            Thanks. Hopefully the car will be done withing the next month or so...but I have been saying that since early 2009.

I just put HO upper stuff.
                            do you have a garage?

Comment

No garage for my car.
                              ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                                No garage for my car.
                                damn dude, I always use not having a garage as an excuse as to why i cant do certain things, but now i see have to step things up.

Comment

Working...
                                X