No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nick you can have the car as long as I see a nice amount of cash laying in its place.

Larry, yes it does look to have that clear sheet. Something I should look into for myself and my fathers car. This day and age with big suv's with NO mudflaps it is impossible to keep a vehicle chip free.

This morning I prepped the drivers side door jamb for primer, paint and clear. Hopefully I have an opportunity to spray next week.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Changed out the old Engine Coolant Temp Sensor as I had no idea how old the part was. It came with the 86 coolant pipe I purchased from Tim Marks. Not sure if anything changed but whatever. I sat in the nice air conditioned interior of my car till my gauge read 180 (normal operating temperature for my car) and checked for leaks and all was good. Next job is the drivers side door jamb, then headers and paint!
      ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Tuesday looks like door jamb paint day. Might paint the interior of the gas cap door and jambs as well. And if I have enough paint left I may even touch up the trunk underside where I previously sprayed on some rust reformer.
        ~David~

Comment

Prepped the gas door jamb for paint. Tomorrow looks good so I hope to spray the d.side door jamb and gas door jamb. If I have paint left I will move onto the underside of the trunk lip.
          ~David~

Comment

D.Side Door Jamb Paint

Got the driver side door jamb complete this morning. Came out pretty good, I had a couple of runs in the clear but that can be taken car of easily. It is the door jamb though and I am not all that worried about it. I am just happy I took the time and persisted that I needed the door jambs to match the exterior. After looking at these pics I really need to get some nice sun shots to show the glisten.

Here is the paint in the preval spray jar (preval is the system I used to spray the base coat on the car).

Yes the paint is that awesome looking in the sun!

And some pics of the final product also make note of my cool looking interior

My new desktop wallpaper:

I also did the gas door jamb just because I can

Car wont be painted for at least three weeks because this weekend is a company car show for the guy that does my work, next week is fathers day and the week after that is the 4th of july.

In the mean time I hope to get the headers in place as well as the high flow h pipe and adapt some pipes from the h pipe to my existing mufflers and tail pipes.
            Last edited by 87gtVIC; 06-15-2010, 10:40 AM.
            ~David~

Comment

Father's day is the 20th FYI, not the 27th.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

oops. Still may be three weeks though as that is what I was told.
                ~David~

Comment

Here are two good sun shots showing how the paint is on the drivers side door. No flash on the camera all natural light!

~David~

Comment

wow beauitful paint David!!!! I like it.
                    1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
                    1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                    1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                    1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

Thank you very much Jason.
                      ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                        Thank you very much Jason.
                        np david!...

I cannot wait to see your car to get whole paint to be complete soon!
                        1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
                        1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                        1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                        1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

Beautiful, the paint looks great! This car will be amazing when finished. All the time you put into it really shows

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
                          1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
                          1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

Those are about the prettiest door jambs I've ever seen.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                            160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                            waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate it.
                              ~David~

Comment

May get the exhaust started this weekend.....only shitty thing is that my dad wants to hold onto his high flow h pipe in case he ever gets another mustang...That is okay though, it is his part and not mine. He will let me have a stock mustang h pipe though so this project can still go underway.
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X