Get those mothers coated in something so they never go bad again
    Have anything in mind?
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I have not yet tried this, but I intend on using it after my stainless rocker panels are fully polished:

http://www.por15.com/GLISTEN-PC/productinfo/GPCGG/

If you do decide to use it, please make a thread documenting it because I'm very interested in how it comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSteakJim View Post
        I have not yet tried this, but I intend on using it after my stainless rocker panels are fully polished:

http://www.por15.com/GLISTEN-PC/productinfo/GPCGG/

If you do decide to use it, please make a thread documenting it because I'm very interested in how it comes out.
        WHOA thats AWESOME! if it works as advertised it certainly is an impressive product... I find it hard to believe that extremely shiny chrome wouldn't at least look a little different after that was applied though...
        -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

This thing is gonna be a beauty once its all put together.

And I think Im gonna have to try some of that Por15 glisten on my rims, they suck cleaning every couple weeks, im getting tired of it, and that looks like it would be better than just a regular clearcoat, or a powdercoat, thanks for showing that.
          ---1990 Lincon LSC., 5.0 H.O., 55,000 ORIG. miles, 3:73 Posi, Bullit rims, 3G alt., 2.5" full-back exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, Flowmaster mufflers. My DD
          ---1985 Grand Marquis 2-door., Fresh 5.0, slick-top, GT40P's, 1.7 RR's, FRPP headers, 3G alt., Weiand Stealth intake, 650 cfm holley, 2.5" side-exit exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, 3:55 Posi, Bucket seats, custom center console. My Toy

Comment

Im thinking that glisten stuff may do me wonders for under hood stuff, mainly aluminum shit that pits anc corrodes.
            "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
            1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
              I can give you a link to get a new set of mirrors...nice mirror finish!
              I want a set!! Lol.

Comment

PM'ed.
                ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Just ordered some new exterior door handles because something maybe happening very soon.
                  ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                    I want a set!! Lol.
                    Me too!
                    1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
                    2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
                    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651997 UPDATED 20100826
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pesty351 View Post
                      Me too!
                      Me 3!
                      Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
                      New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Pm's sent
                        ~David~

Comment

New Door Handles

They look decent...I hope they fit.

~David~

Comment

nice purchase! I'm curious to see how those aftermarket handles fit, and how difficult it is to install them.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                            160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                            waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

I put some nice chrome aftermarket door handles on my '86 when it was painted last October. They look and work just like the factory ones. The hardest part was drilling out the rivets holding the old ones on. I could never figure out why they riveted them on the Crown Vic and Grand Marquis, but bolted them to the Towncar. I ordered mine from a Mustang website and got them for less $ than anywhere that had them advertized as Crown Vic parts. They are exactly the same though. (the Mustangs also has them in black for you guys who like to black out all your trim)

Comment

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
                                nice purchase! I'm curious to see how those aftermarket handles fit, and how difficult it is to install them.
                                I hope it goes easy. The door handles are already removed...rivets etc. Just nuts and nylocks holding them in making it easy for me to remove them when paint time comes around.

Originally posted by neums View Post
                                I put some nice chrome aftermarket door handles on my '86 when it was painted last October. They look and work just like the factory ones. The hardest part was drilling out the rivets holding the old ones on. I could never figure out why they riveted them on the Crown Vic and Grand Marquis, but bolted them to the Towncar. I ordered mine from a Mustang website and got them for less $ than anywhere that had them advertized as Crown Vic parts. They are exactly the same though. (the Mustangs also has them in black for you guys who like to black out all your trim)
                                I dont remember the rivets giving me that much trouble...popped out the center portion with a punch and then took a drill to the two rivets (on each door handle).

Also, very good to hear that your handles are holding up...I hope mine do as well. I feel as if I got a great price at 24 shipped.
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X