Clear All

Looks great!
    1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
    1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
    1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
    1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
      i put new door handles on project 79 with a harbor freight 1/4" hand rivet gun....worked fine, the mustang door handles are the same.....you can get the door handles in black too
      What year range did the 'stang have the same door handles? Black would be awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by monterey1962 View Post
        What year range did the 'stang have the same door handles? Black would be awesome.

1979 -1993 would be my guess as they are all similar and my dad has an 85 with door handles like my car (but in black).
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

i'm diggin the knome

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

My mom likes having them around. She has quite a few of them placed throughout the backyard.
            ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

These are definitely gonna look nice!

Still a bunch of cracks in the p.side one...but it is really better than what they were. From two feet away none of the flaws can be seen, so I think I did damn good. And as long as I am happy with the results...nothing else matters.
              ~David~

Comment

Very nice, yes its looks alots better than before!

Comment

Thanks guys

This morning I went into the attic to fetch the mustang valve covers a buddy gave to me last year. Cleaned them up and sanded all of the blemishes out, bent the oil fill neck and went over everything again with a medium grit sanding pad. Probably paint them within the next few weeks.

My intake spacer also arrived today. A nice 1/2 Ford Racing phenolic intake spacer. I just need to purchase some hardware for it.

Once I have hardware, valve cover gaskets and gloss black engine enamel I will go ahead and rip off the plenum and tear off the valve covers and put freshly painted ones on as well as plops the new intake spacer on.

I am leaving for Chicago this Sunday, and coming back Saturday. Likely to hop in the car early Sunday morning and head off to SF10 if I am off from work Monday and Tuesday. Progress with the car will likely continue after those dates.
                  ~David~

Comment

Gave the valve covers another once over and removed the bits and pieces of the old gaskets.

Pulled out my spare HO upper intake and sanded him down as well.

As soon as I have some time off from work and stuff I will be purchasing valve cover gaskets, possibly upper to lower intake gaskets, egr to plenum gaskets and egr to tb gaskets, engine primer, engine color (silver for upper intake and tb, and gloss black for valve covers, 86 HO plenum plaque, and egr spacer) and maybe engine clear. Then everything will be thrown in with a new 1/2 intake spacer and I should be running like a top again.

After that I *may* give the engine bay a hose down (more like hot water and gloves, brushes and degreasers) and look into purchasing some nice headers to finish off the engine compartment. Will probably end up purchasing a new hood blanket as well to give it a final sophisticated look.
                    ~David~

Comment

YAY already picked up a set of FORD valve cover gaskets...the good kind. All metal with a rubber ring on bolt sides! FREE! From my dads stash of parts. Also found a breand new set of header gaskets too. Could have avoided purchasing new ones when i did the header swap if I knew he had some.

Having trouble finding some bolts for the upper intake now. Largest I can find in 5/16 is 6 inches...I need 6.5 dammit.
                      ~David~

Comment

use allthread

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

May end up with that even though I dont want to use it because it is not as strong. All of this has to fit under the plenum plaque as well. While I am away next week my dad will be looking for me. Maybe he finds something?
                          ~David~

Comment

Pops may have found a place that sells some that are 7 inches long. :woot: Will find out for sure when I come back next week.

Oh and a look of things to come:

~David~

Comment

what colour are you going to paint on Mustangs valve covers? grey or ford blue?

Comment

Gloss black.
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X