No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

perhaps hand paint the silver areas with the clear to give it some level of protection...
    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

How do you get spray can clear to brush on?
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

spray it into a fairly deep (so it doesn't spray back at you) container. It'll form a puddle. For instance, for covering stone chips I just spray a bit of duplicolor paint into it's own cap, and then use a toothpick to dab paint into the chips.

The same thing on a larger scale might work. I'd try it out on something you don't care about first though, since it's probably a touchy job.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
        160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
        waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

I guess that would work. I think I will just leave it and redo it properly when I have some time.
          ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Final Product Pre-Engine Bay Cleaning

1/2" Ford Racing intake spacer, Painted Mustang Valve covers, Fancy newer oil filler neck cap (Scottfest related), Painted HO Upper Intake, Painted HO EGR spacer painted throttle body, painted HO Intake plaque as well as bumped timing! Car hauls ass as usual but I now feel a bit more from a dig! No sign of pinging at 12 BTDC on regular grade fuel so my dad and I may bump it up some more at some time or another.

On to the pictures....

1/2" Ford Racing Intake Spacer

Some total engine bay pictures

I plan on cleaning down the engine bay tomorrow if I have some WD40 on hand. I wanna clean it out so it looks a little nicer..but I want to make sure I do it safely as I will need the car bright and early the next morning. Most of my attention will be on cleaning the fender plastics as they have a lot of grime on them...about 23 years of grime on them.
            Last edited by 87gtVIC; 08-17-2010, 01:07 PM.
            ~David~

Comment

whoa, i think i just jizzed in my pants! I think thats the best looking intake I've ever seen, and i've seen a lot. lol.

You should use an engine degreaser and garden hose...works for me every time and ive done a half a dozen cars, just cover up the alt, any open wire connections and opening for the intake, and a battery
              -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

That looks awesome!
                Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
                New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
                  whoa, i think i just jizzed in my pants! I think thats the best looking intake I've ever seen, and i've seen a lot. lol.

You should use an engine degreaser and garden hose...works for me every time and ive done a half a dozen cars, just cover up the alt, any open wire connections and opening for the intake, and a battery
                  Thanks. I think it came out okay...I still have more little things to paint to make everything blend in. I just got together my engine bay cleaning kit...a bucket, various brushes, battery terminal cleaner, battery/electrical terminal protection spray, WD40, 3M Engine Degreaser, some bags to cover touchy electrical components,a spray bottle full of warm water and grease cutting soap, and a spray bottle of plain water. I have a hose on standby with a nozzle equipped with many settings! I plan to come back from school (picking up books) and then let the car cool off a bit. Spray some WD40 on electrical connections....Spray down the entire front end with the garden hose and let sit a bit..spray on the engine degreaser and let sit....go to work with my scrub brushes and in any trouble areas hit it with some hot water and soap and a brush. Hose everything down once more and hope the car starts...then dry everything off. Hit the battery terminal with terminal cleaner then protection spray. I want to add some engine dressing but I have nothing without silicone and I will be parking on a dirt lot for the next three to four weeks so the everything would just stick anyway...Please correct me if anything I said is a bad idea as this is the first time I will be doing this.

Originally posted by hemihotrod402 View Post

That looks awesome!
                  Thanks Andrew! I hope it looks better tomorrow.
                  Last edited by 87gtVIC; 08-17-2010, 01:56 PM.
                  ~David~

Comment

That looks awesome man! Your master cylinder's cover need to do something to paint david? the cover looks rusty.
                    1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
                    1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                    1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                    1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

Thanks Jason. And yes. I agree.
                      ~David~

Comment

Clean......er Engine Bay

Cleaned up the engine bay a bit today. I am bit pissed that the cleaner I used left white marking on virtually everything it was sprayed one and it ate away at my yellow lettering on the relay holders. FUCK. I probably shouldn't have done anything. FUCK.

I was not so happy with the results so I did not take many pictures.

Before

After

I am sure I could have done better if I had a pressure washer on hand...I still wish I didnt use that damn 3m foaming engine degreaser. Fucked up virtually everything plastic and painted under the hood.
                        ~David~

Comment

You engine bay still looks pretty sharp, David. The fuse box on your p/s fender makes stuff look so much nicer. I wish I knew how the fuck to install one
                          sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
                            You engine bay still looks pretty sharp, David. The fuse box on your p/s fender makes stuff look so much nicer. I wish I knew how the fuck to install one
                            Thanks. That truly does make me feel better.

You can do the fuse box upgrade. It just takes some patience and knowledge in reading an evtm deciding what wire is which and how to fuse properly according to the factory fusible links. A fusible link protects a wire four gauges larger than the fusible link. The evtm tells you the size of the fusible link so in turn it tells you the gauges of each wire. For example a 20GA fuse link is protecting a wire that is only 16 gauge. Once you know all of the wire gauges you can then find out the max amperage that particular gauge can hold and then fuse it for that. This is what I have done and had no problem whatsoever.
                            ~David~

Comment

cool! I did not know that, I don't have an EVTM but will need one in future I suspect. After all of the HO goodies are taken care of I'll do the fuse box I think. Thanks!

p.s I think I might have the foam sheath-type thing to go over the fat A/C hose, if you'd like it. I don't know if it's been thrown out or not yet but I think it's in better shape than that one. it's yours if you want it!
                              sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Thanks

I have some stuff to cover it up as well....I just have not gotten around to changing it out. The engine bay was a disaster so I never even really noticed myself.
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X