No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

are those big magnaflow tips you got gonna stick out before the wheels?
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Thanks guys.

Naw. My dad bent up some 90's in 2.5" pipe. Just have to flare the pipe end to 2.5 ID so it slips over the muffler and I will have them turned down and angled a little bit towards the sides of the car.

In time I will have the mufflers back bent up for me and the magnaflow tips will stick out underneath the rear bumper.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I had mine dumped for awhile but I grew very tired of the resonance inside the car. Made me feel like I was inside a speaker.
        1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
        2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651997 UPDATED 20100826
        sigpic

Comment

May make me get tailpipes bent up sooner than later then.

I have a bumping stereo so maybe that will offset some of the resonance? I want this car to sound obnoxious. I want it to be seen and appreciated.
          ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Got my new end links and bushings. The bushings for the sway bar have no slit in it to slip over the bar.....so I guess you make a slit or take the end link off and slide it over??
            ~David~

Comment

gotta slide it on. You get poly's or rubber?
              -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Did you get taller tires for the Bullitt wheels?

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
                  gotta slide it on. You get poly's or rubber?
                  I got the profession grade raybestos bushings from rock auto. Dont know what they are but I purchased the most expensive ones they had.

Originally posted by Pirate View Post
                  Did you get taller tires for the Bullitt wheels?
                  Over a year ago I purchased an entire set of General Grabber UHP's 255 50 17's. With the drop, and these taller tires I hope I dont trash my fenders.
                  ~David~

Comment

You will be fine cutting a slit in the flat side of the bushing. All of the aftermarket sway bars I ever installed had that slit in the bushing.
                    There is nothing more permanent than a temporary fix.
                    91 Mercury CP, Lopo 302, AOD, 3.08LSD. 3g upgrade, Moog wagon coils up front, cc819s in the back. KYB GR-2 police shocks. Energy suspension control arm bushings. Smog deleted.
                    93 F-150 XLT, 302, ZF 5-spd from 1-ton, 4wd.
                    Daily--07 Civic Coupe. Bone stock with 25k miles
                    Wife--14 Subaru Outback. 6-speed.
                    95 Subaru Legacy Wagon--red--STOLEN 1/6/13

Comment

Yeah I mentioned that to my dad...he suggested it was better to slide it over though. Endlinks will be removed anyway so it does not really make a difference. But that will be the last resort move. These wont go on until I have my springs and shocks to install though.
                      ~David~

Comment

I liked the brown tag bucket.

I guess I'm just a monochromatic kind of guy.

The car is looking great David, and I can only imagine it when its cut and buffed. The color is great, and with the drop you have planned... it should be really, really hot.
                        **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                        **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                        **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                        **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Thanks Nate. I always noticed your were kinda boring. j/k

I do like the paint matched one as well...but I have a problem with grabbing hard to find parts. I cannot stop it.
                          ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post

Over a year ago I purchased an entire set of General Grabber UHP's 255 50 17's. With the drop, and these taller tires I hope I dont trash my fenders.
                            Nice. I really want to know how these tires perform, if you'd be so kind. 17" wheels are still an option for my car, and I need the 255/50's to fill up the giant freaking wheelwells if I go with 17's....

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
                            I liked the brown tag bucket.

I guess I'm just a monochromatic kind of guy.
                            I kind of liked the brown bucket as well.

Comment

Well in the short time I had them they have done great. I only had them on for maybe three months collectively, as this summer I ran my winter tires year round. The tread pattern is just manly looking and I felt the handling was just as good as it was with my previous 245/45/17 Goodyears. It is just a ballsy all round tire. For the 500 I paid for them I cannot complain in the short while I used them. They will go back on the car next year after winter has passed and stay on through the good seasons. Then I will be able to give you a full report...but by that time you may have already purchased some new tires.
                              ~David~

Comment

Just went and unpacked the halo headrests I painted up a couple months back. Well they didnt fare to well as whatever cracks were there before paint have no amplified. Whatev's I have matching headrest covers (match to the seat covers) that fit the exact contour of the halo..minus the hole in the middle. Was just a little downer.
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X