No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One word to say: WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! looks like your car is almost done 99.9%? lol Congrats David!
    1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
    1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
    1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
    1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

Gorgeous man, Just plain Gorgeous

Comment

:boobsign::blowjob::crossjerk::fucker:: fucker2:

We need more of these to describe that......
        Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
        New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

there are not words for how awesome that car looks.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

OOOOooooooOOOOOoooOoooooOOOOOOoooo!!!!
            1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
            2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651997 UPDATED 20100826
            sigpic

Comment

very nice looks fucking hot

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
              302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
              k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

fuck yeah.
                1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
                1994 MGM GS Montigua
                2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
                2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

you've put together a very nice car, Dave. Really something to motivate me.
                  sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
                    very nice work mang! even looks better than my car. only thing, id like to see the rear lowered a bit...
                    thanks. Over two years of planning went into this car.

Speedway lowering springs and KYB GR 2 shocks are on their way to my house.

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
                    That's one sexy brown mirror!!!!!

But you didn't take enough pictures
                    Thanks Pete. I should have taken more This car really does look like a mirror.

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                    FAN FUCKING TASTIC!!!! Looks great.
                    Thanks you John.

Originally posted by Jason_GMQ91 View Post
                    One word to say: WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! looks like your car is almost done 99.9%? lol Congrats David!
                    Thanks Jason. Car is never complete. lol I have to undercoat the wheel wells to make them look deep black..have to install lowering springs and shocks...and then wait till spring to install the bullitt wheels. then the only things left are BB's, Rear discs and an engine build up.

Originally posted by chitownvic View Post
                    Gorgeous man, Just plain Gorgeous
                    Than you.

Originally posted by hemihotrod402 View Post
                    :boobsign::blowjob::crossjerk::fucker:: fucker2:

We need more of these to describe that......
                    Thank you Andrew.

Originally posted by slymer View Post
                    there are not words for how awesome that car looks.
                    Than you.

Originally posted by Pesty351 View Post
                    OOOOooooooOOOOOoooOoooooOOOOOOoooo!!!!
                    Is that good?

Originally posted by gabegt90 View Post
                    very nice looks fucking hot
                    Thanks Gabe. Much different looking then at Scottfest.

Originally posted by rick99601 View Post
                    fuck yeah.

Thanks Rick

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
                    you've put together a very nice car, Dave. Really something to motivate me.
                    Thanks Josh. I am flattered.

Also installed the turndowns as well as the transmission cooler yesterday.
                    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

That sure is purdy.

And I want your mudflaps. Send them to me. :smirk:

sigpic
                      - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Car looks awesome! Great work and attention to detail.
                        2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                        2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                        Past Panthers
                        1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                        if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarquis View Post
                          That sure is purdy.

And I want your mudflaps. Send them to me. :smirk:
                          Thanks Scott. I had those mudflaps stored for over two years. When I first saw them I knew they would look great and fit the car perfectly.

Originally posted by tjc78 View Post
                          Car looks awesome! Great work and attention to detail.
                          Thanks. Attention to detail is key for me.

Some more pictures....I noticed some are blurry.

Still not sure if I want to install the NOS door edge guards....
                          ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Now THAT is how a paintjob should look, wow mirror like indeed! Looks just like the car show cars, the well done ones that is, time to put it in some shows!... I thought the trim was going to make the car not look as good...but it really sets it off!

I actually have a couple of questions

What brand of paint did you use? or was it directly from a dealership?? (sorry if this was mentioned), and what was the name of the place that painted it? Did they leave any overspray anywhere? and, if you don't mind...how much did the paint job alone cost?

I may consider using this place when i decide to start working on my body..
                            -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Thank you very much Phil. It really means a lot. You along with all the other guys that have personally seen the car can truly appreciate the transformation it has gone through...from being a pretty normal car in April of 2009 when I first visited Scott to get a hood, from SF09 when the car was painted in a variety of browns and to SF10 where the car was ready for paint to now...being the looker that I always wanted her to be.

The trim does indeed set this car off. I liked it without trim as well but the trim really compliments the car as a whole.

They did a very good job of masking off the car for paint..from using 3m aperture tape in all jambs (hood, doors and trunk) to carefully masking off around the minuscule amounts of trim that was left on the car...I was pleased to not see brown mist all over.

I used Matrix paint with Virtus high solids clearcoat. The car was painted by Magic Collision Center of Westbury New York. The entire job from start to finish was just over $4,500. About half of that went into painting (took about 4.5 hours to paint) and final details of polishing, sanding and buffing (which took forever). I to got a deal so.......you can see painting a car to this level is not cheap.
                              Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
                              Now THAT is how a paintjob should look, wow mirror like indeed! Looks just like the car show cars, the well done ones that is, time to put it in some shows!... I thought the trim was going to make the car not look as good...but it really sets it off!

I actually have a couple of questions

What brand of paint did you use? or was it directly from a dealership?? (sorry if this was mentioned), and what was the name of the place that painted it? Did they leave any overspray anywhere? and, if you don't mind...how much did the paint job alone cost?

I may consider using this place when i decide to start working on my body..
                              ~David~

Comment

Oh I must say I cheaped out an just installed the tranny line turn around adapter police thingy bare metal because I wanted to get the front end together Sunday for the big reveal so to speak. Looks fine and everything is not leaking which is great. I want to thank Rick and Tom...rick99601 and trwp72 respectively for sending me these items. Install was super easy. Removed old upper line out of quick fitting adapter. Unscrewed quick fitting out of radiator screwed in new fitting (pipe to flare type) and screwed in the new turn around. Bent the old tranny line just to the side and popped a hose on it to the cooler and it was done.

I forgot to check the fluid yet but I am sure the level is fine.

Driving the car is absolutely spectacular after driving it for over a year and a half without door panels. The interior is dead silent. You can just hear the exhaust..hard to tell if the engine is running whatsoever. All of the sound deadening and underpadding was well worth it. These doors are amazing too with all new internals. Not a squeak out of them. Such a dead sounding thump when I pull the door closed from the inside. I have the biggest grin on from just closing the door every time. I just cannot get over how nice it all is. Freaking brand new 23 year old car.

Double oh! My lowering springs and shocks came today. Some things got damaged during shipping so I have to see what can be done about that but once that is resolved I want to install these bad boys.....and maybe then pull off the wheels and undercoat the wheel wells to make them disappear.
                                Last edited by 87gtVIC; 11-15-2010, 07:06 PM.
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X