No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Undercoated the rest of the wheel wells today, which were the rears. Each wheel well took a can of Professional Grade Undercoating. I also undercoated the front floor boards with the professional stuff, two cans. The rest of the entire underside was hit with economical undercoating (basically no sound deadening properties) which took 5 cans. My face is black as well as my hands. lol

Also purchased a quick spray detailer, micro fiber towels, chamois, and a brush for my wheels since these Durast pads are crap. I wanted to purchase the shock bolt kit but one of the only two there had pieces missing from it so I will try and reuse the existing hardware.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Oh I also replaced a tire valve stem in my left front tire. The stem was all cracked and when bent it would leak air out, but left alone it was holding air just fine. All I did was remove the tire, put on the spare, laid the tire underneath the rear bumper and used the factory bumper jack to pop the bead. Snuck my hand in the tire to cut the bulb off and then pulled in a new valve stem. And filled with air to get the bead to seal again.
      ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Threw the rear springs in today along with damaged shocks...they were damaged in shipping

Looks like 20+ year old stock saggy springs atm. Hope lowering the front will make it all look better. A little worried....

before with wagon cargo coils

After with stock front and lowered rear

The upper bolts were a bit of a pain..But soaking them in some MOPAR spray as well as utilizing a ratchet wrench made things easier. The lowers zipped right off with the impact gun and I was able to reuse the stock hardware no problem.

The old...

Last edited by 87gtVIC; 11-20-2010, 07:07 PM.
        ~David~

Comment

just how damaged is damaged? small dent in the side? big dent? where on it is the damage? Pics? Complained to the shipper yet?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by slymer View Post
            just how damaged is damaged? small dent in the side? big dent? where on it is the damage? Pics? Complained to the shipper yet?

Dents in the side that prevent the shock from compressing and expanding freely. No biggie as the seller said the problem will be rectified so I have no reason to worry yet.

I am not to concerned as my mechanic (dad) said that it should be okay. Was only pissed that they arrived damaged after I seen pics of them in good shape from seller.
            ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
              That looks alots better now...perfect.
              1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
              1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
              1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
              1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

yeah... the upper shrouds aren't a problem as long as the shock will compress and release freely. a little rubbing shouldn't be an issue. if it was a dent in the cylinder... then there would be issues.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

It sits level. I like it.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Really that looks level?? Maybe I was so used to the skyjacker look that this just looks so different lol It feels as if I am leaning back in the car. Not to fond of the reverse rake. I really hope the fronts drop a good bit. Otherwise I predict myself purchasing new non squashed rear isolators as well as cutting a bit of coil on the fronts.
                    ~David~

Comment

looks like it still has an inch of rake (front lower). Check the curb under the car in that last pic.

Comment

it does sit level. GMGT will look sweet when i do the spring swap in the rear too. and will look sweet with the 255s in the rear. do you feel much difference in ride quality in the rear?

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                        1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                        1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                        2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

I just backed it out of the back yard into my spot in the street so I dont have much drive time at all.

I wanna get an overall one time feel once the front springs and shocks as well as new end links and sway bar bushings are installed...but it looks as if they wont be installed for a while so I will let you know next week.

And I guess my mind is just used to the rear end being much higher.
                          ~David~

Comment

Dave, I liked the old rake, i'm rooting for the front drop as well...will look mean with those bullets
                            -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Lose the mudflaps, as mudflaps belong on a truck. If you're trying to protect the lower fender areas behind the tires...that's what the stainless trim does. Otherwise....it's really developing a redneck look to it with the extra chrome/stainless 'goodies'.

It's almost sitting correctly, drive it and see if it squishes down a bit up front....otherwise, the rear is almost perfect (maybe an inch lower?), the front needs another inch or two....and that's about it.

So far as the shocks are concerned....I would have bought the Police KYB's, personally. The one wagon I ran those shocks on didn't have much of a change from the turd Sensatracs that I yanked off of it in anger.

Comment

I have the same springs as you and ended up having to cut a half coil off the front the make it sit right. I was nervous at first but it was defiantly worth it.
                                1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
                                2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
                                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651997 UPDATED 20100826
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X