Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nate-

Thank you very much.

Dad was not too happy about me taking so many pictures. My grandparents roof is slate....my house has just regular shingles. Today I went for a 100mile drive and I cannot complain about how the car rides. It is stiff, but not too stiff that the entire car shakes when you hit a bump in the road. On curves the car is nice and level and feels really in touch. Does not feel bouncy anymore which is good. According to the numbers we are running the same spring combo. I wonder if yours are more 'settled' being that they were on the car way longer than mine were installed on any car? So far I am very happy with the purchase.

Thanks again Rick for the pieces. They worked out superb.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Some pics from this morning. I went out to Captree State Park with my friend and his 87gt T-top and took some pictures. He liked the car. He seen it when I first had it all normal and such back in 2006.

This car really stands out in the sun!

~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

That's awesome pics, beauitful day in New York!!!! How cold it is?
        1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
        1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
        1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
        1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

Thanks Jason. It was pretty cold in the morning..Below 40 Fahrenheit...but my heater blows over 114 Fahrenheit so I was nice and toasty in the car!

My friend took some pics of me driving!

~David~

Comment

thats it. im coming to NY. ive gotta see the BB in person!
            1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
            1994 MGM GS Montigua
            2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
            2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

Your car has now officially reached "Boss Status" and is now a boss. lol

If i find some free time to come up i will! but now that i have a job it's unlikely...
              -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Originally posted by rick99601 View Post
                im 99% sure its not slate.
                I win!

Well, its not his house that has a slate roof, but the roof in question is slate.

Lets not quibble.

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                Nate-

Thank you very much.

Dad was not too happy about me taking so many pictures. My grandparents roof is slate....my house has just regular shingles. Today I went for a 100mile drive and I cannot complain about how the car rides. It is stiff, but not too stiff that the entire car shakes when you hit a bump in the road. On curves the car is nice and level and feels really in touch. Does not feel bouncy anymore which is good. According to the numbers we are running the same spring combo. I wonder if yours are more 'settled' being that they were on the car way longer than mine were installed on any car? So far I am very happy with the purchase.

Thanks again Rick for the pieces. They worked out superb.
                The pictures of the car going down the road are really, really cool.

I've got limited seat time in my car with these springs; I'll have to give an update when I can really take it and ring it out.
                **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

I forget if I mentioned it yet so:

Your car is fucking awesome.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                  160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                  waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
                    I win!

Well, its not his house that has a slate roof, but the roof in question is slate.

Lets not quibble.
                    haha, i saw the neighbors roof. couldnt resist though.

it looks....heavy.

1994 MGM GS Montigua
                    2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by rick99601 View Post
                      thats it. im coming to NY. ive gotta see the BB in person!
                      I have a lot of people gawking over the car driving around. I really like the stares I get from her.

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
                      Your car has now officially reached "Boss Status" and is now a boss. lol

If i find some free time to come up i will! but now that i have a job it's unlikely...
                      Thank you Phil. I think she came out great. The car really does look good.

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
                      I win!

Lets not quibble.

The pictures of the car going down the road are really, really cool.

I've got limited seat time in my car with these springs; I'll have to give an update when I can really take it and ring it out.
                      Thank you Nate. I wish my friend Rob took a few more because I think they are awesome looking as well.

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
                      I forget if I mentioned it yet so:

Your car is fucking awesome.
                      Thanks johnunit. You can say it as much as you feel like as I really enjoy hearing that others like the car. It is flattering because I have first hand done a lot of things to her...this car was built, not bought.
                      ~David~

Comment

i turn heads driving my '88 and my f150 when shes clean. theres nothing like it.

1994 MGM GS Montigua
                        2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

Excellent. And congrats for not losing your face or other parts

Pete
                          For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
                          1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
                          1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

Thank you Pete.
                            ~David~

Comment

for the record, I'm still :fucker: those springs. Maybe it was because of the springs you had on it, but I didn't expect it to make much of a noticeable difference, gee I was wrong. lol
                              Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
                              New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Thanks Andrew. This is my favorite picture showing off the new stance.

~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X