No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oooh, this must be the other oval that Pirate was blabbering about.

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/...C/DSC04030.jpg
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
      Oooh, this must be the other oval that Pirate was blabbering about.

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/...C/DSC04030.jpg
      It's but one of many ovals.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
        I don't have the heart to do it that way. That is like murder. I am happy it is still running but wouldn't be angry if she blows. It has to happen naturally.
        "Hey Grandma! I hope you die! I want it to be natural, but don't worry, I'm gonna bring you back as a killer robot to bake me cookies forever!"

I kid, I kid

Comment

You don't wait for the engine to esplode before building a new one.

Start now, so when it does pop you are already elbows deep in a replacement.

I brought my F4 351 to the front of my storage box this weekend. I have yet to even 'update' the 302 yet, but I am already planning ahead. I'm not definite on a windsor, but I may build the damn thing anyway...
          **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
          **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
          **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
          **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post

I brought my F4 351 to the front of my storage box this weekend. I have yet to even 'update' the 302 yet, but I am already planning ahead. I'm not definite on a windsor, but I may build the damn thing anyway...
            If he's anything like me, the only way he'd be allowed to store an engine anywhere is if the one in the car wasn't working.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
            160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
            waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
              If he's anything like me, the only way he'd be allowed to store an engine anywhere is if the one in the car wasn't working.
              You can both store your engines at my house.

**2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
              **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

"Allowed" to store an engine? Huh? :confused:

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                  "Allowed" to store an engine? Huh? :confused:
                  I (and I believe Dave) still live with my parents. I don't even have a garage, just a basement the engine would have to somehow be lugged into, though I don't know if he has that issue.

So yeah, my father would probably not put up with there being an engine in the driveway/backyard for too long. It's more than a bit of an eyesore and space-waster.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                  160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                  waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

put a grill tarp over it... then it's not an eyesore (still a space waster though)

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                    Originally posted by gadget73
                    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                    Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Oh. When I was still at my mom's old house with no garage, engines went either in the driveway or in the shed. IMO, it's unconscionable to build a house with less than a two-car garage, but obviously no one asked me.

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post

I agree with this! It's good to already start a build for an engine.
                        That's what I did with Vicky. I got an engine and worked on it, while still driving the car with the old engine. Was definitely worth it. And when the engine was done, I pulled the old one out and dropped this one in!!

Comment

we forgot about this.

Comment

^cool video! LOTS O work!

Comment

Thanks guys...and now we need the updated version of that slide show!

I could probably build an engine at home...keep it outside and such...but it could be years before it would get put into anything. No biggie with me. I am not afraid of using the bus when the car cant move.
                              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Keep an engine you are building outside?

Nah.

Tell your Mom to clear some space in the living room. Get a stand, and do work.

Comment

Working...
                                X