No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah! You can be the panther version of a biker.

Pete
    Originally posted by gadget73
    For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
    1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
    1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
      Thanks guys...and now we need the updated version of that slide show!

I could probably build an engine at home...keep it outside and such...but it could be years before it would get put into anything. No biggie with me. I am not afraid of using the bus when the car cant move.
      I work close to 100 hours a week. No exaggeration. Maybe sometime. There is a reason for all the working though :evil:

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
        Keep an engine you are building outside?

Nah.

Tell your Mom to clear some space in the living room. Get a stand, and do work.
        see what you can do is make an attachment to the intake manifold that connects with a big piece of glass, it can be a coffee table (i"m thinking like top gear, only with a full engine)
        Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
        New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Originally posted by insomniac391 View Post
          I work close to 100 hours a week. No exaggeration. Maybe sometime. There is a reason for all the working though :evil:
          No worries. I just liked it so much....and so much more has gone into it that it would be amazing to see the total project.

Originally posted by hemihotrod402 View Post
          see what you can do is make an attachment to the intake manifold that connects with a big piece of glass, it can be a coffee table (i"m thinking like top gear, only with a full engine)
          Good idea Andrew.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Fog Lamp switch

One of the next projects I have to complete.

Ordered this a while back from a mid 80's Mustang GT. I know they are period correct..just not interior correct so I had to make some changes. The indicator light was an amber color, like the illumination on the Mustangs of the time so I had to change that to a green light that I had kept ever since my grandpa got rid of his boat many years ago. The light fit right in place like it was meant to be. I also had to give it the signature chrome knob because black knobs are out of place in these interiors.

Once the weather starts to turn around I will get around to finding a place for it inside the car.

Stock

Stock for a Crown Victoria interior

~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Wow that cool stuff David!
              1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
              1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
              1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
              1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

nice! if it were me, id use a blue light. just like the highbeam indicator

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

very cool.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                  160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                  waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Of course, if you really wanted to get anal you could cover the whole thing in fake brushed aluminum .....

Seriously, though, that's going to be pretty neat.
                    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                      Of course, if you really wanted to get anal you could cover the whole thing in fake brushed aluminum .....

Seriously, though, that's going to be pretty neat.
                      don't laugh, that's probably what I'll do with my gauge pack.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                      160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                      waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Thanks guys

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
                        nice! if it were me, id use a blue light. just like the highbeam indicator

That's not a bad idea. Doubt I have one handy in that size though. The stock one was acting like a hotdog down a hallway and I was lucky enough to have another one on hand that fit snug.....This project is leading me to thinking about eliminating the triple switch thing I have below the headlight switch and replacing it with a mid 80's mustang/capri etc vehicle monitor...I have three of them around the house...Like this:

And purchase a stock premium sound plunger switch thingy to use and activate the amplifier for my system.

Anyone have any pictures of that??I have trouble locating pics of it...

None of this may actually happen but it is just a couple of thoughts I have in mind.
                        ~David~

Comment

hmmm. This is nicely confined...and it would be simply passing power though it to turn on my amplifier...so this Mustang switch may be the one I want.......There is one on ebay...but it has no knob..I would need a chrome knob anyway but I like how tiny it is yet to the point lol

I would have to find a matching light though...fuck...may just use the stock lights...ugha...

this vehicle monitor display thing may come true...

I would build a little box for it and angle the display...Fiber glass it and block it out and purchase some textured paint (SEM sells it) then cover it in some beige paint to match...the wheels are turning...
                          Last edited by 87gtVIC; 01-21-2011, 07:45 AM.
                          ~David~

Comment

i got a chrome headlight switch knob from an 88 merc, i can't use it in my 90 so i have no use for it. it's yours if you want it
                            sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Awesome Josh. I will PM you once I get my hands on an amp switch. I found someone on a mustang site with one...just have to complete the transaction if he still has it. The headlight knob may be a little different but I am sure I can make it work somehow.
                              ~David~

Comment

My 84 Grand Marq didn't have the name plate on it. When I finally noticed it and pulled it out, I was, um, surprised

Pete
                                For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
                                1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
                                1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

Working...
                                X