My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
    Awesome Josh. I will PM you once I get my hands on an amp switch. I found someone on a mustang site with one...just have to complete the transaction if he still has it. The headlight knob may be a little different but I am sure I can make it work somehow.
    you definitely can make it work...the headlight knob in 90-91s are one piece with the shaft attached, but I found out after getting this one out of the Merc that it just pops off of the shaft, a dab of JB weld would probably do wonders
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

I am more concerned about the shape. I may try scuffing and spraying some fake chrome paint on an original one first and see how it looks. I have some lying around since before I was born lol. I am willing to give it a shot.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Wow, I forgot about those amp switches. My first marquis had one and I don't think I've seen one since.

That vehicle monitoring board is interesting, I'm curious to see how it turns out.

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
        1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
        1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

I probably wont do it because it would be a wiring nightmare...
          ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Hey wait a second...This is the one I am looking to purchase and it looks as if the bottom half is chrome!

~David~

Comment

c'mon david, do the vehicle monitoring board!
              1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
              1994 MGM GS Montigua
              2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
              2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

huh!, and make it look like an LTD!

Comment

Originally posted by ford man View Post
                  huh!, and make it look like an LTD!

That is the difficult part.
                  ~David~

Comment

Amp pull switch

Picked up an amp pull switch from an 84 mustang. The switch looks great and functions as it should! This has a red indicator light and the pull knob is black and chrome which will match everything perfectly.

I am just curious how this think functioned originally as the positive lead of the light was connected to one of the switch terminals......
                    ~David~

Comment

Pardon my ignorance, but what is an "amp pull" switch? Other than "see above."

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                      160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                      waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

On premium sound equipped panthers (84? and older) it was used to give an estimated 15 extra watts to the system. It triggered the premium sound amplifier. I currently use a toggle switch to turn on my aftermarket amp (I like to be able to control when the amp comes on and off because I have other speakers attached to the headunit) and will replace the toggle switch with this nifty period correct piece.
                        ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                          On premium sound equipped panthers (84? and older) it was used to give an estimated 15 extra watts to the system. It triggered the premium sound amplifier. I currently use a toggle switch to turn on my aftermarket amp (I like to be able to control when the amp comes on and off because I have other speakers attached to the headunit) and will replace the toggle switch with this nifty period correct piece.
                          i used to have a subwoofer kill switch for the cops. when i was into that, lol.

1994 MGM GS Montigua
                          2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

"Cop switch" for a subwoofer????

Hi,
                            being from good old Germany-where things are quite different- I try to learn about your US things every day.

You guys over there must turn your sub off, when stopped by the cops?? I cant believe that ! Is it prohibited to have a sub in the car ?

OK, here it is against the law to have tinted driver and passenger windows: 400 USD fine +3 or 4 points.....

JoJo

Comment

Originally posted by mgmgermany View Post
                              Hi,
                              being from good old Germany-where things are quite different- I try to learn about your US things every day.

You guys over there must turn your sub off, when stopped by the cops?? I cant believe that ! Is it prohibited to have a sub in the car ?

OK, here it is against the law to have tinted driver and passenger windows: 400 USD fine +3 or 4 points.....

JoJo
                              ohh no. just when theyre right next to you i dont wanna be knockin. i dont need the attention. though its totally legal, save for "noise" ordinances.

and people here complain about a 'fix it ticket' for tint..pfft

1994 MGM GS Montigua
                              2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

Yeah subs are fine to have....My amplifier is a 4 channel for interior speakers...been meaning for quite some time to pick up a mono amp but can't bring myself to do it.
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X