No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow great pics!! cannot wait to see when your car will get fully paint soon!
    1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
    1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
    1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
    1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

Body Work Week Three

Got to the body shop this Morning

Week Three

Drivers side 1/4 panel repair.

There was a few dents, a big crease and a few other odd and ends to take care of.

~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Its comming along well! While you're getting it painted, you may as well rip the top off and paint the whole roof.

Comment

Originally posted by OneBadLSE View Post
          Its comming along well! While you're getting it painted, you may as well rip the top off and paint the whole roof.
          Thats actually what i really wanted to do, but i am having all of the work done for free. I just pay for all the materials and such. I dont want to push my luck. A nice brown top will go back on. The car will still look good.
          ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Nice work man!!

Comment

great work! that car will look like new when your done with it! Cant wait to see the finished product!
              -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Those must be some really nice guys at that bodyshop, to do all that work for you for free! Brown is an excellent color for any box, and I'm sure teh Blob will be a complete Stunner once done. Can't wait to see how it turns out for ya.

Comment

Yep i am very fortunate to have the work done for free. I am also doing a lot of the work within the shop as well. They do the plastic work on the car then i feather edge everything out. That is the shitty part, wetsanding all of the imperfections out, but my arm is getting real muscular from it all. And its nice to actually preform body work on a car, especially your own.
                  ~David~

Comment

New Hood and Black Column Covers

On April 13 2009 my car and I made the three hour trip to Scottmang. Thread found here: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=28870

There Scott and I installed a new hood off of a 1979 LTD-S Crown Victoria. My old hood was rusted through and it had numerous dents.

I also installed some fender supports. Scott harvested them for me while i harvested a HO computer.

And today i installed black column covers from either a 81 or 82 Thunderbird. I think they look pretty neat.

The old cover.

I also tried to install the wiper switch out of the same Thunderbird but it was not compatible. It was missing one pin as compared to the stock one in my car.

I also fixed that pesky radio face plate bezel. As pictured you see the center divider popping up.

I heated it a bit and coerced it to bend straighter so i dont see a nasty gap between the radio and radio bezel anymore. It made me real happy.

I forgot to take a pic of the after..but just imagine the previous picture but with that sag reversed.
                    Last edited by 87gtVIC; 04-16-2009, 05:24 PM.
                    ~David~

Comment

Thats looks great! an LTD-S you say...hmmm. I like the steering column cover, from a thunderbird you say..hmm havnt seen that done before!
                      -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

Comment

Wow! its looks great David. good work!

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
                          Thats looks great! an LTD-S you say...hmmm. I like the steering column cover, from a thunderbird you say..hmm havnt seen that done before!
                          Yep LTD-S..i was soo tempted to grab the header panel off the car at the yard.

And the column cover came off of a 81 or 82 Thunderbird. It fit right up.

Originally posted by Jason_MarkVI View Post
                          Wow! its looks great David. good work!
                          Thanks Jason..

I now have a total of 4 different body colors on my car.
                          ~David~

Comment

Yeah u shudda grabbed the header panel and made your car into an LTD-S! then my car would not be as unique but still! it'd be awesome haha.
                            -Phil

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                              Thanks Jason..

I now have a total of 4 different body colors on my car.
                              Hahaha, yeah I noticed that. wink!

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
                                Yeah u shudda grabbed the header panel and made your car into an LTD-S! then my car would not be as unique but still! it'd be awesome haha.

I like both styles. Maybe one day i will be able to get another cv and do that to it.
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X