No announcement yet.

85 351 4door Vic **DUW**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

real classy, hows that 351 run? I want a vic with one of those.

Comment

Originally posted by insomniac391 View Post
      real classy, hows that 351 run? I want a vic with one of those.
      well if you would have kept yours you could have dropped one in it, then given that caprice a run for its money lol.

I'm just mesin'

The car looks great JU! It shined up nice.
      Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
      New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Originally posted by hemihotrod402 View Post
        well if you would have kept yours you could have dropped one in it, then given that caprice a run for its money lol.

I'm just mesin'

The car looks great JU! It shined up nice.
        lol, ill take a Chevy 350 over a Ford 351 any day. I'm just curious about the difference in the way it feels cause the 351 in my Lincoln feels the same as the 302 in my Vic, weaker actually. I figured it was just the added weight of the Lincoln, but I'll never know now!!

Comment

I can tell you from personal experience that the stock 351 is as anemic as they come, but it certainly has potential. It's a bit peppier than the 302 just because it's got more torque, but only 15 ft./lbs. more, so it needs a lot of work to be anything to write home about. Hopefully John here will have the opportunity to do more with his than I did with mine.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
          1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
          But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan in MI View Post
            I can tell you from personal experience that the stock 351 is as anemic as they come, but it certainly has potential. It's a bit peppier than the 302 just because it's got more torque, but only 15 ft./lbs. more, so it needs a lot of work to be anything to write home about. Hopefully John here will have the opportunity to do more with his than I did with mine.
            i figured, hows the after market support?

Comment

Mostly anything other than intake manifolds that's made for a 302 will fit a 351, so it's pretty decent. Not like Chevy engines, of course, but still good. Pretty decent selection of 351-specific intakes as well, though not as good as the selection for 302s.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
              1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
              But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Thanks guys. I'm pretty happy with how she came out too.

Insomniac: the basic 351W engine has lots of aftermarket, but the thing is that literally nothing is made to work with the 7200 VV carbs that these things came with. There's a longish thread in the engine forum you could dig up that is guys like Nathan laying out for me what all needs to be done to change it over to the 4-barrel setup you pretty much need to get decent performance.

It's a touchy car, but when it's running right it has GREAT throttle response in the midrange, just don't expect the stump pulling torque or extreme high end that some people think they'll get out of a "police high output 351w".

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

hehe... flatheads are stump pullers. 90hp... 700ft.lbs torque!

yes, I am exaggerating a bit.

one of these days I'm gonna dyno my car just for grins. I wanna know what it's really got.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  Originally posted by gadget73
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

DUDE!!! do you live in toronto? that parking garage looks familiar!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

looks like hotel parking, the kind they put below the building

Comment

when i lived in toronto in an appartment, the parking garage had that same kinda look. i know there a shitload of parking garages but you never know lol

Comment

Marquismang I'm in scarborough, cedarbrae area.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                          160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                          waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

Comment

scarbaria eh? never mind then, i used to live in north york near finch

Comment

aka crimetown ontario, damn that's where you get your pimpness
                              Ont And Canada PPL The Cookhouse in Dwight

91 Grand Marq . . . . . . 88 ho wagon (project) . . . . . . 80' Lincoln Mark VI

Comment

I ain't never been shot yet yo!

Comment

Working...
                                X