No announcement yet.

Neums' 1986 Chicago PD project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven't posted in a while, but here's a picture from last Summer. I'll be doing a few upgrades before Spring like replacing window channel rubbers, new NOS blue steering wheel, and a couple other NOS trim pieces for the interior.

It also got new shocks and tires last Summer.

Comment

Beautiful

Packman

Comment

Looking good mang!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
        1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
        1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
        2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

A few improvements this summer. I painted the wheels silver like the CPD used from 1960 until 1987. Installed an NOS set of dog dish hubcaps. Also found a vinyl back seat which I am working on. Seat is in good condition, but has a few scuffs so I am having some correct dark blue dye spray mixed up. SEM had a perfect match a few years ago (gloss midnight blue) when I first started working on the car, but they discontinued it.

Comment

Wait a minute... plenty of blue courtesy lights, but where's the red lights that you actually legally have to stop for???
            1997 Lincoln Town Car Executive Series - Charlene

Saved from a tragic fate, planned mild restoration. Now with working heat, perfect for the cold winter!

Comment

Chicago uses all blue lights. They are the only municipality in Illinois that can legally use all blue.

Comment

Car looks great! Learned something new about the lights as well. I was wondering where the red lights were.

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Seen a lot of pics on Facebook the CFD caddy ambulance looked killer.. As usual I missed the show again this year lol! I either forget about or have work anyway car looks bitchin neums always a pleasure to see her

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight Drifter View Post
                    Wait a minute... plenty of blue courtesy lights, but where's the red lights that you actually legally have to stop for???
                    ...in ohio (and many other states)you have to stop for blue lights.

Comment

Originally posted by t65neon5 View Post
                      Yeah, they love their blue light specials at K-mart here in Ohio...

Car's lookin' great mang!
                      Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Originally posted by t65neon5 View Post
                        That would confuse the hell out of me. Around here, blue and/or white is a volunteer firefighter or EMT either heading to the station or responding to a call directly. Since, you know, red means stop... that's why traffic lights are green for go and red for stop...

Ah well, the car looks cool as hell. I love it. When are you going to buy a '74 Dodge Monaco and chase it around with the Vic?

Saved from a tragic fate, planned mild restoration. Now with working heat, perfect for the cold winter!

Comment

Vic's are to new to do that..CPD Monacos chased the Monaco lol!

Comment

Well, the body style debuted in '79 and the movie was made in '81, so it's feasible

That shot looks awesome tho.

Comment

Working...
                            X