No announcement yet.

my 86 LTD Crown Vic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey I got another question for ya insomniac....what type of flowmasters are you running. They are pretty flippin loud and sound great, I have a Summit Chambered Race Muffler on mine with the stock single setup and its got a nice little rumble, but its not as loud as I'd hoped.
    -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
    -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

beauty!
      sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Thanks for that, Insomniac (and 87GT), I think that those might be my next repainting project.

A friend of mine who is always ripping on my car looked over my shoulder at this thread and said "now, if your ride looked like THAT..."

That's a pretty big compliment, but he drives a Celica so who knows.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
        160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
        waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Originally posted by 87DeuceVic View Post
          Hey I got another question for ya insomniac....what type of flowmasters are you running. They are pretty flippin loud and sound great, I have a Summit Chambered Race Muffler on mine with the stock single setup and its got a nice little rumble, but its not as loud as I'd hoped.
          I got 2.5 inch dual flowmasters from the kats back, thats all i know, I didnt do it myself, I had an expert do it for me. And with the stock single it doesnt matter what kind of muffler you have on it cause its always going to be pretty quiet. Back when I had the stock single I put a glass pack on it and in the process I decided to run the car after I cut the stock muffler off, and even with no muffler on the single its still quiet, most people would never know I didnt have a muffler. Plus the stock exhaust pipe is only 2.25 inches (I think).

And thanks 1990LTD.

Anyway, as requested, some pics in the open from Delaware/Ocean City

First the finished trim.... Yea thats a sun flower so what....

This was not an easy picture to take at 90mph

Comment

Interior 1/4 panel trim giving you a hard time? I see its not installed flush.
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I think some RWL tires will look sexy on that with the wheels all polished up. That paint is amazing.
              88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
              Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post

Interior 1/4 panel trim giving you a hard time? I see its not installed flush.
                Holy shit good catch, I actually had to run outside to see it for myself, i never noticed that. I'll have to go up to the shop and yell at someone. Thanks.
                Last edited by insomniac391; 09-28-2009, 01:41 PM.

Comment

I LIKE IT!!!!!!

This is something I hope mine will end up like (eventually). We basically started form the same place. Saw the pic in your sig and had to see it myself. Id say that is a well spent 1400 bucks!
                  Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
                  New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

next on the list.....

....i can dream

Comment

Originally posted by insomniac391 View Post
                      next on the list.....

....i can dream
                      DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
                      New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Originally posted by hemihotrod402 View Post
                        DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!
                        I'll do it if I can get the money.

We should start a "521 Fund", and you guys could donate money to me.

Comment

haha i want to know where you got your car painted so cheap!! I need new paint and I have gotten around 2500 to paint whole car.
                          sigpic
                          1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Comment

Originally posted by 83countrysquire View Post
                            haha i want to know where you got your car painted so cheap!! I need new paint and I have gotten around 2500 to paint whole car.
                            MAACO, and don't go there, you really have to to get on their back to get them to do everything right, and they still wont. They put a big ass dent in my drives-side door, left my map light unhooked when the removed my head liner, got over spray on my grille, lost my LTD Crown Victoria emblem, and put my interior quarter panel in wrong. They are fixing all of it for free Tuesday, but its still unnecessary time away from my car, and I bet they'll screw up a dozen more things in the process of correcting their other mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by insomniac391 View Post
                              MAACO, and don't go there, you really have to to get on their back to get them to do everything right, and they still wont. They put a big ass dent in my drives-side door, left my map light unhooked when the removed my head liner, got over spray on my grille, lost my LTD Crown Victoria emblem, and put my interior quarter panel in wrong. They are fixing all of it for free Tuesday, but its still unnecessary time away from my car, and I bet they'll screw up a dozen more things in the process of correcting their other mistakes.

Hey man i know how you feel. My dad spent over 5gs to get his mustang repainted..everything was removed for them, all they had to do was body work and paint and they still fucked shit up. In the end you can get shit results from anyplace. Bottom line is, if it aint theirs they simply dont give a F*ck.
                              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                                Hey man i know how you feel. My dad spent over 5gs to get his mustang repainted..everything was removed for them, all they had to do was body work and paint and they still fucked shit up. In the end you can get shit results from anyplace. Bottom line is, if it aint theirs they simply dont give a F*ck.
                                yea they just want to get it done and out of there. Which is why I'm going to paint my Buick myself, that way I can't complain about someone else's shitty job.

Comment

Working...
                                X