No announcement yet.

my 86 LTD Crown Vic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yea i spent 5 more prepping it yesterday. and if i slick top my car am i going to lose all my window trim or will that fit back in

Comment

ok nvm, i just put the car in the shop today, they are gonna do the soft top and all that for bout 140, worst case scenario is its full of rust in which case they'll charge me 240. Spent almost 2 hours going over inch of my car with the district manager to make sure evrything gets done right. Car comes out Monday evening. Cant wait, i know im not gonna sleep for a few days.

Comment

awesome!

And your window trim would fit back in if you were to slick it.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by insomniac391 View Post
          ok nvm, i just put the car in the shop today, they are gonna do the soft top and all that for bout 140, worst case scenario is its full of rust in which case they'll charge me 240. Spent almost 2 hours going over inch of my car with the district manager to make sure evrything gets done right. Car comes out Monday evening. Cant wait, i know im not gonna sleep for a few days.
          140, 240 for a vinyl top!?? Damn, sounds pretty cheap. Have you seen any of their work?

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
            140, 240 for a vinyl top!?? Damn, sounds pretty cheap. Have you seen any of their work?
            yea i was surprised myself, i havent seen any of their work, thats why i went over every inch of the car with the district manager and told him what i expect and made sure they would meet those expectations. The biggest problem he was concerned about was the gap that would be between my window and trim, but i already knew about that. Buy hey, 5 days and $1000 they better do shit right.

Comment

OK, so job completion moved back to friday... or saturday, got a little extra work goin on now.

Comment

I had the brake rotors on my Malibu split in half on the driver's side. Right before they split I thought my master cylinder was going because the pedal would go up and down when the brakes were applied. Turned out that the rotors where bending the whole time.

I can never understand how dents get on top of a hood. I got dents on the hood of my mom's CV. Unless my parents are sliding across the hood Dukes of Hazzard style, I don't know how the dents got there.

BTW, that car is gonna look good when it's done! You might want to slap on a crappy set of wheels when you send the car out; just in case.

Packman

Comment

remove the god damn trim please. You will be much much happier getting a repaint with everything removed.
                  ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Sorry im not messing with the trim. Later on I'll pull it off and have it done in a slightly different color just for you i kid i kid, but right now I don't have the time to do it myself or the money to pay for the extra work.

But yea the when my break pad shattered my pedal wen right to the floor and i thought i had just lost all my break fluid.

Edit: And the dents are from hail in PA. Also i ran into a wall one time and a chunk of concrete broke off and landed on my hood.
                    Last edited by insomniac391; 09-16-2009, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Well..... Its here

O, and before a hundred people tell me this, i know the back window trim is red, i took it off before it went to the shop and i forgot to paint it.... damn ill do it this weekend. Should i do it in black or silver?

Now for the pics.

Its the small details that make me smile

Comment

Very nice. You have access to any aluminum rear window trim? That would look the best.
                        ~David~

Comment

looks real nice!

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                            Very nice. You have access to any aluminum rear window trim? That would look the best.
                            doubt it, unless Salvos has it or something. Can I order it online or do i have to have it custom made.

Comment

Originally posted by insomniac391 View Post
                              doubt it, unless Salvos has it or something. Can I order it online or do i have to have it custom made.

Salvos a junkyard? Some Crown Vics came with the aluminum rear trim that matches the front windshield trim. No custom made stuff here...cost you an arm and a leg
                              ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                                Salvos a junkyard? Some Crown Vics came with the aluminum rear trim that matches the front windshield trim. No custom made stuff here...cost you an arm and a leg
                                Salvos in an auto parts store, i forgot its only in MD,but im not gonna find one in a junk yard around here. Baltimore doesnt really have a large market for classic car parts. I'll have to go to PA for that.

Comment

Working...
                                X