No announcement yet.

My '90 LTD Crown Vic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought a 1" spacer for my intake on the corral. I have been cleaning up the valve covers but I ran out of sandpaper so I'm done for the day

Hopefully all will be well. Might have to slightly dent up those panels on the underside of the hood to get the intake to clear but hopefully not too much.

What color should these valve covers get painted? Should I leave the fins bare? Let me know what you all think.
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Depends on how well it clean up. Clean up looks bad...paint..but if the clean up goes well maybe keep them natural?? or painted with natural fins.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
        Depends on how well it clean up. Clean up looks bad...paint..but if the clean up goes well maybe keep them natural?? or painted with natural fins.
        yeah they're definitely filthy. Not bad on the underside at all but they've obviously been around the block once or twice, mostly just regular engine bay crud on them. Going to hit them with a wire brush and eventually a dremel to get in between the fins.
        sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

"Ford Blue" would look good on those valve covers.
          '79 Continental Town Car
          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

awesome! I found a guy to do bodywork for me. Went to high school with him and we were pretty friendly and always talked cars so hopefully I get somewhat of a "friend" price Going to get an estimate on Tuesday
            sigpic

Comment

also, tax return is soon....I need a rear end rebuild. Might as well stop avoiding it and just buy the stuff for it - in addition to the body work I previously mentioned. I'll be learning how to do my own in some spots, wherever it looks easy enough for me to do. I'll get the friend from high school to weld in the new sheet metal where mine is rotten but I'll get the surface rust and bubbles myself. I'll be driving a primer-monster soon.

3.73s or 4.10s?
              sigpic

Comment

Glad to hear the bodywork will be started soon!
                '79 Continental Town Car
                '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

yep. Worked out some numbers and it'll likely be cheaper for me to get the 1990 inspected and drive it until the snow flies next winter, and fix up the 95 for winter duty when I can actually work outdoors
                  sigpic

Comment

it lives
                    sigpic

Comment

what lives?

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

the car...wouldnt start cause i wired the distributor cap like a chevy. 1 and 6 were firing at the right time but that's about it
                        sigpic

Comment

oh right...rock on! lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                          1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                          1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                          2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                          2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

as soon as I can find an affordable set of meats, the HPP wheels will be going on the 90
                            sigpic

Comment

all filters and fluids are new, front end is greased, tire pressure okay, tools and trolley jack in the trunk. road trip!
                              sigpic

Comment

The car ran great.

After about 6-7 hours of highway driving, a few observations:

- Needs more gear
                                - Needs more power above 2k

Cruising is great on the hwy but for hills and passing people at speed it definitely needs to breathe better
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X