No announcement yet.

My '90 LTD Crown Vic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I only need the stuff. Not the more stuff, or even more stuff. Too rich for my blood.
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
      I only need the stuff. Not the more stuff, or even more stuff. Too rich for my blood.
      I meant for other people. Don't make me get my LAZOR!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
        I meant for other people. Don't make me get my LAZOR!!!!

:smirk:
        sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

btw, I don't know exactly who is going on the junkyard missions, but thanks to Scott and 86vicky and whoever else is there.
          sigpic

Comment

found a 28 spline trac lok in good shape with 3.73s for a decent price. i don't want to spend the money but it's not often the rear end of the car will be apart, i just need to find somebody to install it for me. it's most definitely beyond my scope. shouldn't be too hard to find with all of the fox mustangs around here.
            sigpic

Comment

unless you guys find a car with 3.55s and a lsd to take backing plates from. i'm sure it wouldnt be too hard to smuggle the ring and pinion out in your shirts or pants or something i see the website says they prohibit schoolbags etc

(i kid)
              sigpic

Comment

Trak-Lok with 3.73s? Sounds encouraging! Is that the RAR you're looking for? (I know it's a very popular one)
                2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

yep, I thought about 4.10s but I don't know if I want to dive in that far.
                  sigpic

Comment

installed the IAC and MAP sensor I got courtesy of Pete. Car seems to have more oomph now and idle at startup is not jumpy, but smooth.
                    sigpic

Comment

I for one have a strong notion of doing 4.10s. If you can get hold of 1987LTDmasta, he's been running 4.10s in the '87 he's trying to get rid of. IIRC, highway RPM calculated to 2500 @ 70mph, which is more than I'm used to but certainly not bad.
                      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

No gears for now it seems. There's just no $ for it. Sometime in future when I've got more money to play with I'll drop the rear end and do it properly, but just bearings and seals and maybe axle shafts for now (plus the disc upgrade of course)

Bought a decent set of hankook 225/60/16s for the HPP wheels today. Gonna pull the wheels off of the Aero and get the tires mounted and balanced - At a different shop this time, last one stole my chrome valve stem caps. The steelie will go on the passenger side front so I never need to look at it
                        sigpic

Comment

Hooray!

plans for the next few months:

aero airbox/snorkel and washer tank
                          90 town car fan shroud/coolant overflow tank
                          rear end swap from my aero...it's a 3.27 open that will get new bearings and seals and has discs already
                          HO swap?
                          fixing EGR
                          fix rust
                          sigpic

Comment

shweet! i just got done with a bunch of new add ons and putting in stuff in mine too.
                            89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

If the rust doesn't get fixed this year, it will keep on eating your car.
                              '79 Continental Town Car
                              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
                                Bought a decent set of hankook 225/60/16s for the HPP wheels today. Gonna pull the wheels off of the Aero and get the tires mounted and balanced - At a different shop this time, last one stole my chrome valve stem caps. The steelie will go on the passenger side front so I never need to look at it
                                It's gonna drive weird.

Comment

Working...
                                X