Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks andy, that's a good idea too.
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Nice VC's Funny how these temporary projects take a life of their own. You think it's gonna be a simple replacement/repair and then boom, you're painting this, you're adding something else to the list.

Packman

Comment

got the tops of the fins on one of the covers down to aluminum, looks great.
        sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

paint paint paint...sand sand sand...torque torque torque. everything needs another coat of paint and it's ready to go back together - my injector O ring kit is still in transit, no idea when it will get here.

i should take the battery to the shop and load test it, it's about 5 years old now and i haven't been taking the best care of it lately. i would hate to get the car back together and not have it hold a charge.

today i slipped the new timing set on. now the engine is just sitting in there waiting for parts to be bolted on.
          Last edited by 1990LTD; 04-11-2012, 09:53 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

the wire wheel gets old fast when you're cleaning every bolt that came out of your engine
            sigpic

Comment

86vickylx is being a dear and sending me a pair of lifters to use to fix up one I've got and one for a spare. Awesomeness.

Got the lower intake prettymuch spotless (it's ALMOST a shame to put the blue over it), gonna do the top plenum tomorrow. Grabbed another can of Ford blue today.

one of the conditions of John sending me those lifters is that my car better be up and running within a week of getting them. I think I can swing that.
              sigpic

Comment

actually I'll probably just use the lifters he's sending me because they're complete already. the motor is not going to care that it's got 15 original ones and 1 replacement.
                sigpic

Comment

there's ford blue and masking tape all over the place. all that needs paint now is the water pump, but i ran out of blue....got black though....hrm....
                  sigpic

Comment

Hit up Canadian Tire tomorrow or wherever you buy your paint.
                    '79 Continental Town Car
                    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

I took their last can today
                      sigpic

Comment

Not much progress to report. Been porting the lower intake...I have two E6 lower intake manifolds and I more or less practiced on the first one and I'm using what I learned from that on the "good" intake, it's coming out much nicer with much smoother bends.

Helps to have a better rotary tool this time around.

I've got the perverse idea that I need a pair of exhaust cutouts. I'm working in an exhaust shop so why not, right? I could probably make up a pair in my spare time and weld (or clamp) 'em in whenever the car is up and running. Even if my work term is over by then it would be a 15 minute job to cut out a section of pipe and weld in the cutouts I would already have made up.
                        sigpic

Comment

How's the job placement going?
                          '79 Continental Town Car
                          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

great! I love it. I started just at the busy part of tire change season so for the first week that's mostly what I did. Last week I got to help with a bunch of exhaust work....I hope I can get a job at this shop, I love it there.
                            sigpic

Comment

My car now thinks it is a Lincoln mk VII with a HO motor (swapped out the old ECU for the HO version)..unbolting the cruise servo makes it a lot easier to get at the 10mm bolt holding the ECU in. hardest part is laying down and working under the dash!

I have done far too little to the car in recent weeks, I'm going to try and force myself to do at least something to it every day. The intake manifolds are nearly finished, I put in about an hour a day on the things and since I've got working air tools now I think progress should pick up a bit.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
                                My car now thinks it is a Lincoln mk VII with a HO motor (swapped out the old ECU for the HO version)..unbolting the cruise servo makes it a lot easier to get at the 10mm bolt holding the ECU in. hardest part is laying down and working under the dash!

I have done far too little to the car in recent weeks, I'm going to try and force myself to do at least something to it every day. The intake manifolds are nearly finished, I put in about an hour a day on the things and since I've got working air tools now I think progress should pick up a bit.
                                Do you still need the lifters?

Comment

Working...
                                X