No announcement yet.

My '90 LTD Crown Vic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes!!!! badly haha, that's one of the only things I need.
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

water pump and front cover look great...rest of the motor looks shitty, but it's so covered in grease that it's got to be mostly clean metal underneath

sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

when I do heads and headers (going to do 'em both at once, it'll make things a bit easier when dealing w broken manifold studs, o2 sensors etc) i will degrease and paint everything else, but until then the rest of it is staying good and undercoated. found i need a power steering line but it looks like it's just a replaceable length of generic 3/8 hose...can't really tell where the leak is coming from though. the whole length of the rubber hose is wet.

wish i had more money, i'd replace the pump while i was in here.
        sigpic

Comment

I wire wheeled and painted the rad support. It's not perfect but it's better than flaky rusty crap all over it. Good times.

Injectors got here in the mail, lifters are on the way. I need to pick up some odds and ends (coolant, oil, vacuum hose, PS line, some nuts and bolts I think) and finish porting the intake and I can slap it all back together and run the damn thing. I told 86vicky I would have it running within a week of getting the lifters he's sending me and I don't want to make myself a liar.
          sigpic

Comment

- intake is done
            - plugged the smog holes in back of heads
            - accessories are almost all on there
            - stock valve covers sandblasted and painted

tomorrow if it's nice out I'm going to get as much done as I can. Going to start with the valvetrain - got my lifters in the mail from 86vickylx and I've had the set soaking in oil for a few days. Thanks again, John.

Lifters first and then we'll see how far I get from there...I need to get some JB weld to fix up a couple nicks/gouges in the gasket surface of the lower intake. Slipped once or twice while porting it but it's nothing that I can't get some JB weld into and sand flat. Hard to buy the stuff (and oil) when your income is $0 a week though.
            sigpic

Comment

Yay!!!!

Comment

yay indeed! it was really shitty out yesterday so I didn't get a damn thing done. fortunately there's always a tomorrow haha

seeing some of the nice Fords at the car show yesterday got me inspired! i wanna play too! haha some guy (runs a "spa") had an 89 Town Car limo with flowers and shit painted down the side....looks about as rusty as my car though.

I can't wait until she's back in fighting shape. I'm running it out at the airport before the end of the summer, hopefully.
                Last edited by 1990LTD; 06-25-2012, 07:02 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Still picking away. Car has a valvetrain, valve covers, and distributor now. Power steering junk reinstalled. Got rid of the stock airbox bracket.

I've got a few bucks coming my way from some jobs so I should have the coin to finish this thing up very soon. Need oil and a filter and I have no money for it.

I'm way too fucking lazy.
                  sigpic

Comment

You say that like it's a bad thing

Pete
                    Originally posted by gadget73
                    For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
                    1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
                    1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

Oh, being lazy is wonderful. I just occasionally get the urge to drive the car instead of work on it
                      sigpic

Comment

Come on mang! 1 day. And that was with cleaning up the engine bay and parts. Somebody buy him some oil and a filter!

Comment

Current status of the mothership??
                          '79 Continental Town Car
                          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Runs but runs rich. I'm horribly lazy and haven't done anything about it yet. I don't have a fuel pressure gauge to test with....either a bad injector or pressure regulator (I replaced the original FPR, the one on there is brand new)
                            sigpic

Comment

Tore it apart, put a new FPR on it and I'm in the process of reassembly. little odds and ends are left, need to route some vacuum lines and tidy the mess of wires I've got goin on...it doesn't help that almost everything is still unplugged

I switched the harnesses for the washer fluid tank...the sensor for the 90 wiper fluid is 2 prongs but it's got 3 wires running to it, 1 + and 2 -. new style fluid level sensor is 2 prongs still but only had 2 wires running to it, not hard to remedy. Ran the two grounds for the 90 tank together and ran that into the single ground for the new washer tank. It's not fun soldering outside on a windy day, not at all sir.

Next stop after it's running proper: rear brakes/axle seal/inspection. Needs brakes and an axle seal is leaking. I've got everything except the brake parts, which won't be a whole lot...old shit is pretty cheap sometimes.

Normally you can't pass a car for inspection if there are rust holes (as exhaust could enter the cabin) but the shop I'm working at is probably going to help me out there - the guy I work with that will be doing the inspection on my car will also be the guy doing the body work for me

I still need to install my horn. Kinda need that for an inspection

I've got fuck all to do tomorrow evening and my fiancee is working so I'll probably get the rest of the work done, if it's not raining or some shit.
                              Last edited by 1990LTD; 09-20-2012, 11:26 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

That engine looks mean with the painted and polished intake, water pump, and valve covers. I see you changed over to the newer style fuse box. If I was a bit more electrically inclined, I would do that mod myself and make room for a proper CAI. Nicely done. Axle seals aren't too bad; but you would probably be working on the ground, and that's not fun. Though, pulling the axles and replacing the seals is an easy operation as I found out. I can't wait for this project to be finished

Packman

Comment

Working...
                                X