No announcement yet.

My '90 LTD Crown Vic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks! It's a hack job compared to some of the other cars on here, but it's my first project car. I'm learning a lot as I go.

I'll have shop w/ a hoist to do the axle seals and brakes hopefully.

I can't even remember what the fuse box is from. Aero town car maybe? I got it from monty ages ago.

I have a 90 town car fan shroud/overflow tank and an aero air intake/washer tank. About the only thing I haven't installed at this point is the air box

Going to get a friend of mine to make up a custom emissions decal for the fan shroud.
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Wiring looks pretty clean. Shiny paint on engine is always beautiful! Looking good. Now I wanna know how that cobra cam runs with a stock lopo engine...

Comment

Me too, I hope all is well this time and it runs properly.
        sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

the water pump...she leaks. fuck. last time i put one on the car i couldn't find one easily; had to get it ordered in and it took like two days.

oh well. it is what it is.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
            the water pump...she leaks.
            How long ago was it replaced?
            '79 Continental Town Car
            '90 Crown Victoria LTD
            '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

That indeed appears to be an Aero Town Car fuse box. I'd never noticed they were different that the rest of the Aero Panther fuse boxes until I blew the fan fuse on my Town Car.

On a box, what exactly is the purpose of wiring in a fuse box? Does it just simplify the underhood wiring? Never put much thought into it, but I've seen several members on here doing that, so now I'm curious.
              -Steve

2006 Audi A6 S-Line FWD ~132k miles, stock.
              1998 Mercury Grand Marquis LS HPP ~102k miles, slowly acquiring modifications.
              1997 Lincoln Town Car Cartier ~145k miles, Ported Plenum, Gutted Airbox, Mechanical Fan Delete, Contour E-fan Retrofit, Dual exhaust, Cats ran away, KYB Gas-A-Justs, P71 front sway bar, air ride reinstalled, Blinker Mod, Projector headlight retrofit, Caddy 4-note horn retrofit, Wood rim steering wheel, rustbelt diet plan..
              1996 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 117,485mi. R.I.P. 7/14/12

Comment

Originally posted by BigMerc96 View Post
                That indeed appears to be an Aero Town Car fuse box. I'd never noticed they were different that the rest of the Aero Panther fuse boxes until I blew the fan fuse on my Town Car.

On a box, what exactly is the purpose of wiring in a fuse box? Does it just simplify the underhood wiring? Never put much thought into it, but I've seen several members on here doing that, so now I'm curious.
                Stock boxes have fuseable links for most of the underhood as opposed to a fuse box. A fuse box makes diagnosis and modificaton of wiring much easier. I'm dreading the first time I have to fix a fuseable link on my vic.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
                  How long ago was it replaced?

Within two years. The gasket mating surface had some pitting that I thought I could seal but evidently not. It's also leaking out the weep hole on the timing cover (coming from the back of the WP)

Should have a new pump in hand by Tuesday. Parts store had to get it from the warehouse in Montreal....oh well. I'll pull the water pump off this weekend and have it ready & waiting for the new pump. Aggravating, but I knew I was gambling when I installed the old water pump a while back.

The fuse box simplifies the wiring and gives you extra fused spots for 12v power. It might not look that clean now but when I tidy it up a bit it will make more sense. Suffice it to say the fender-mount starter switch on these cars was a clusterfuck of wiring, ring terminals, and fusible links from the factory.

I'm not happy with the way I've got some of the feeds to/fro the fuse box routed, I want to fix that.
                  sigpic

Comment

*sets up a rocking chair next to the mailbox and waits*
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm too lazy to poke around or search for it, is there a how-to step-by-step sticky thread yet about converting to fuse box?
                      Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Nope, not really. You get a power distribution diagram for your car (I bought an EVTM for mine) and you need to figure out what gauge the wires and fusible links are and fuse those circuits accordingly. Mount the box wherever you can haha
                        sigpic

Comment

k, thx, already have the evtm handy
                          Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

that's half the battle already man. figuring out where you're going to neatly route the wires and install the box is the rest
                            sigpic

Comment

Water pump should be here in the next few days. I was lazy this weekend and didn't take the old one off like I had planned...I'll just do it all at once, it's not like it takes a long time to put a water pump on one of these.

another pic...I think this is the only one I've taken recently
                              Attached Files
                              sigpic

Comment

Nice! Are you using the 1990 TC fan shroud?

Packman

Comment

Working...
                                X