No announcement yet.

New Vinyl!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know a guy named Jim Johnson who owns an extremely identifiable heavily modified black/gold 1985 Lincoln Town Car with a slick top conversion, four bucket seats, and two moonroofs. I also know the guy who did a majority of the work on the car - he ended up being my teacher in autobody trade school after leaving the shop that Jim uses. They both have described to me how difficult and complicated it is to slicktop a coach roof - but in the end it looks incredible, especially on a box Town Car.

Comment

the townie doesent look right in slick top......i saw one at the junkyard.....theres body lines that the top needs to hide

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSteakJim View Post
        I know a guy named Jim Johnson who owns an extremely identifiable heavily modified black/gold 1985 Lincoln Town Car with a slick top conversion, four bucket seats, and two moonroofs. I also know the guy who did a majority of the work on the car - he ended up being my teacher in autobody trade school after leaving the shop that Jim uses. They both have described to me how difficult and complicated it is to slicktop a coach roof - but in the end it looks incredible, especially on a box Town Car.
        I need some pics of this.

Comment

Wow, I'm not sure how I missed this thread.

Magna looks great with the Black Top, mang. $500 was a pretty good price for the Coach Roof. Lots more work to do replacing the Vinyl on one, than with the standard Vinyl Top. I'm getting the Coach Roof on my LTD re-done sometime soon, and I'm hoping I can get off with only paying $500 for the job.

Originally posted by Jason_MarkVI View Post
          Nope, its impossbile.

Not impossible on a CV/GM, just a PITA. The only hard part is having to replace the Coach Roof Rear Window, with the standard RW. We had a member here who actually did so, I believe his name was FordInPossession. I don't recall anyone else here ever converting one.

Comment

Allright I got a few more pics for you mangs.

-Colin
            sigpic
            1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

i'm tellin ya, with white mercs like ours... or light colours, having lots of pitch black everywhere that isn't white paint or chrome looks stunning...
              that looks really good, i like it! I like the idea of slick topping myself, but with your rear window setup I really think u made a bang on choice, she looks perdy.
              Finally have an on the books porting/custom fab business!
              HO bottom end,GT40Ps,cut/welded/ported upper+lower GT40 intakes,Comp XE258 cam,MS3X megasquirt computer,8 LS2 coils,2 dry systems + a 3rd wet,3 core rad w fans..1100hp Lentech WR AOD,custom 4" aluminum/moly Dshaft,custom rear/back half chassis adjustable 4link,wilwood 4 piston,moser 9" axles,locker, M/T 30x12's,4 staged fuel pumps,100lbs sound insulation,power/remote everything,2000W sound.4480lbs. 4.5s 0-60,12.8 1/4

Comment

Your car looks great!!!
                1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
                1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

Working...
                X