Hank- '87 CV project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hank- '87 CV project

Hank here is my new old car. I grew up in a family of japanese cars, but Ive always liked American cars. That brought the Chevelle in 2003, my mustang in 2006, a a sable in 2007, and Hank here in 2009. bwaha, the Fords are taking over my driveway

Hank here came along in august. Wrong place, Wrong time. Wrong car for what I needed. But then, I was never one for practical decisions. I needed a new bicycle at 14, i bought a motorcycle. I needed a daily driver in highschool, i went 10k in debt for a mustang. I needed a driver for college....I buy Hank. Reasoning? the 5.0 under the hood. Bulletproof engine that i would trust a hell of a lot more then the 183k on the Tracer i inherited from a friend.

Anyway, this is what Ive pieced of Hanks history from carfa and PO's:

He was built in spring 87. Lived in georgia as a detectives car for a while. popped back up again in 2000, when he was bought by the 2nd owner with 78k, and brought to MA. I bought it in june 09 with 103k. last owner was an older guy, tried to trade in on a new lincoln LS.

This was it the day i brought it back:

The guys wife coulnt drive, hit pots. caused this:

I see skeeter from 'Doug' pointing. dont know why.

paint was screwed, or so we thought

Meguires black magic engine cleaner:

polish:

holy shit, a reflection

even the crappy trunk came back

well worth it in the end:

traded some black magic tire shine to the GF's dad for some old(brand new though) 5.0 emblems

made the 150 mile trip to school!

but there were casualties

but friends felt bad and I got new toys

not pictured are some shiney exhaust tips and a MSD dizzy

more to come!

Thanks for the compliment mang...your car is looking sexy...Love the pics
    Espically this one
    Attached Files

Comment

im a sucker for the 5.0 decals

Comment

That's real nice looking.

What are your plans for it?

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
        160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
        waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

exterior?

shiney exhaust tips, window tint is somethign Ive been thinking of.

how do you get the moldings for the rear window and vynal roof off? they look silver under the red paint....I'll soda blast those if they come off.

Flip the whitewalls. I'd love a dogdish cap, but they dont work with these wheels. so Ive been thinking of just getting these hubcaps:

or Ive been looking at 05+ mustang wheels, if i can get a set cheap enough.

toying with paintinng the small boxes of the grill black, removing the bumper guards.

powerwise, the exhaust i pictured, MSD cap for now. Im on the lookout for any free HO parts.

what do you guys think I should do"?

Comment

You have the same rare type of bumpers that I have, but in much nicer shape, so i think you should sell me them haha.

It looks great! definitely go for a different set of wheels, the mustang ones work great.

Keep up the good work!
            -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

whats rare about them?

looking at wheels...

nothing good(I.E., CHEAP!!!) right now

Comment

Base model!!

The bumpers are rare cause they lack black rubstrips. I want your rear bumper!
                1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Looking good man! Keep up the good work!

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT View Post
                    Base model!!

The bumpers are rare cause they lack black rubstrips. I want your rear bumper!
                    oooh...

Then youll hate that they arent pitted or rusted in the least!

what your guys's suggestions for what to do?

Comment

hey what ya use to polish your car btw?
                      sigpic
                      1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Comment

nice vic!
                        i would start out with exhaust which i see you have......you can use mustang midpipes, but you gotta extend them or use walker 43281 pipes (chevy s10 mid) and mustang flanges
                        3.55 or 3.73 gears next
                        ho conversion and shift kit for the aod
                        big brakes and suspension rebuild with poly bushings
                        rear discs and poly bushings
                        99-02 vic pi steering box
                        poly body mounts
                        that should keep you busy for a while hehe

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Very very nice car!!! You'd think it would be easy to keep the car stock to putz around in, but I see that you've gotten into modding mode. Have fun and welcome.

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by 83countrysquire View Post
                            hey what ya use to polish your car btw?
                            Turtle wax high abrasive, 3M fine auto polish, meguires gold class

Originally posted by packman View Post
                            Very very nice car!!! You'd think it would be easy to keep the car stock to putz around in, but I see that you've gotten into modding mode. Have fun and welcome.

Packman
                            haha, you would think! but if it HAS an aftermarket, i cant resist....

Comment

seeing other peoples cars does not help fight the urge to mod either.
                              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X