Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 85crownHPP
    replied
    The 91 is great! She did wonderfully to and from Scottfest this year.

The 85 has a lifter tick type noise that's getting worse, and seems to be randomly loosing spark (but coming right back before I can try to diagnose it). Its failed to start once, then started up fine a few moments later. It's shut off going down the road 3 times, but again starts up by the time I drift off the road and get the hood up and is fine the rest of the drive. It doesn't do it with any regularity... I felt brave and drove it 4 hours to the east coast last month, it did fine the whole way down, but once I was at my destination (and had 5 Subway party trays in the back...) it quit. I coasted into a parking lot and she started right back up, did fine the rest of the way, and the 4 hours back home.
    Because of this I don't drive it anywhere when I'm working from any kind of schedule or if I will have people with me...
    I'm hoping its just the odd after-market coil acting up on me. I'm going to ghetto mount the original coil next to it so I can quick-change the wires if I can get it to quit and stay dead. I just need a big window of time to ride around on a road with a nice big shoulder I can drift off onto and deal with the risk of being stuck. Of course it will probably never act up again until I'm driving it somewhere important and on a deadline...!

Leave a comment:

• 79lincolnlover
    replied
    Looking good. How are your other rides doing??

Leave a comment:

• 85crownHPP
    replied
    I'm not sure what H-pipe you guys saw... but the one Jim sold me left with me when you guys took off for the cruise Sunday, lol.

The door panel cleaned up pretty good - there are still a couple spots that need a scrubbing but most of the gunk came off just with a rag moistened with some vinyl treatment.

Leave a comment:

• 86VickyLX
    replied
    Did you go back to get the H pipe? Because when I left, it was still at Scott's lol

Leave a comment:

• 87gtVIC
    replied
    Water warped is an understatement! How'd the new panel clean up for you Pete?

Leave a comment:

• 85crownHPP
    replied
    Finally the p72 gets more lovin'!

I installed the new-used H-pipe in that I got from Jim at Scottfest, she's all sealed up and went in surprisingly easily (something must be wrong! )

The old one was literally about to fall apart... it was welded in to one of the mufflers but I got it all out clean with a sawzall and some precision hot wrench action.

Next I get to deal with this little guy, hopefully a repair kit will do the trick!

I also replaced the water-warped door panel with a nice one Dave helped me pull over the weekend, and also fixed the probable cause with some ball bearings to replace the crushed plastic bushings. I went ahead and did the LR window motor too. They both now have a nice 1/2 inch of years of filth to clean off the bottoms of the glass, since they close all the way now.

And here are some pics of the original steelies back on with the 90's dog dish caps and trim rings

Leave a comment:

• 85crownHPP
    replied
    Nope, the lighter is dead, but this reminds me I wanted to juice it up for my phone

I finally got the door panel back on, Ive been riding around with it off for almost a year, pissed at myself for my window motor rebuild that went sour (it would stick and need a smack).
    My stubbornness and procrastination paid off - since I recently found some Dorman window motors for $15 :banana: its nice being put back together...

Also Im going to put its original steelies back on it, since I found some dog dishes off a truck that fit and almost look like the correct police caps And those wheels have good tread tires, I think I'll be driving this one this winter. The 91 is too not-rusty to use for winter duty...

Leave a comment:

• 87gtVIC
    replied
    Looks good to me.. and damn I still want those seats..Did you wire up that cig. lighter?

Leave a comment:

• 85crownHPP
    replied
    Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
    Any progress on the awesome center console????
    I got the console in place, didn't turn out so awesome after all, lol. Trying to trim it to mate the dash wasn't working out, and doing so would have put the armrest part up kinda far anyway. So, i trimmed off everything past the cupholders and fastened it down. The shape of the bottom makes it slightly tilted and the open front isn't pretty, but I mostly wanted it for the cupholders, armrest, and the cubby bin.

Also, Im a little bit whacker now. I but an antenna back on, not one of the original big police whips, but a little one i took off a cable van we scrapped at work. I couldn't resist

I also put a wheel cylinder in it recently, it was wet last time I had looked at the brakes. No biggie...
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• 85crownHPP
    replied
    thanks!
    If only the damned bush wasn't in the way.... i got a shot from the LR quarter view but it doesn't show them purdy wheels as well.

Leave a comment:

• 79lincolnlover
    replied
    Your new sig pic is totally awesome!!

Leave a comment:

• 85crownHPP
    replied
    I decided to forget about trying to make it merge with the dash, and i trimmed off the part just ahead of the cupholders. I just need to fasten it to the floor now... one day!
    Here's a pic of it with the 17" steelies on instead.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• 87gtVIC
    replied
    Any progress on the awesome center console????

Leave a comment:

• 87gtVIC
    replied
    That is good to know!

Leave a comment:

• Lincolnmania
    replied
    yea they will fold forward if you take the bolt out of the back of teh seat

Leave a comment:

Working...
X