X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 85crownHPP
    replied
    Oh.... shit.....
    It may be on like donkey kong. All sale offers momentarily suspended!!!!

I've just done some poking around under the hood, and noticed that the MAP sensor's vacuum hose is indeed collapsing shut, and the slightest wiggle makes the engine want to stall out.

The bugger is, both bad hoses are taffy all the way to the nipples deep under the upper intake, held on with rusty spring clamps
    So Im about to go get some vacuum line and snatch the intake off later this afternoon!
    I'm kicking myself in the ass right now, because i distinctly remember having a long piece of good red-stripe factory vacuum hose at some time, and its nowhere to be found now... i probably tossed it :nonono:
    Might as well give it the PCV trio too. Valve cover gaskets aren't leaking too bad...
    I'll be picking up a line and some unions, and renting the flare tool too... :heyhey:

Leave a comment:

• P72Ford
    replied
    Looks like a good car, Pete. Those seats are damn nice too; had them in the '88.

Leave a comment:

• 85crownHPP
    replied
    Radiator looks like a 2 core... i forgot to pop the cap and have a lookey yesterday.

Well, I checked out the front end/steering, and its about as tight as a frog's ass. Just a cunt hair of play in a tie rod and one upper balljoint, which I think a few shots of grease took care of.
    I couldn't get ANY noticeable movement out of the solid upper arm bushings - I pushed and pulled on the wheels and arm every which way i could, both with the corner supported by the frame and the lower control arm.
    Its got new front pads on it, rotors look ok, the hoses are decent with just a little dry cracking.
    In the rear brakes i found new shoes and new spring kits... one adjuster cable is broken, but we've got a bucket full of new/used brake hardware at work with a bunch of new cables in it...
    I haven't gotten a good look at the frame/underside yet, but nothing jumped out at me while poking around underneath so far...

So.... looks like she will be with me for a while... at least until I try to fix the light-throttle stalling.
    If i can do that, Im going to fix the brake line, put some temporary tags on it, and see how it runs down the road.

Dammit!!!
    more money that shouldn't be spent... at least i can fool myself into thinking its an investment... maybe somebody will give me a grand for it down the road once i get it all fixed/cleaned up... yeah, "good luck" right?
    If this thing turns up nice enough to keep I might try to sell the 91 instead.... but I hate to get rid of a fresh AOD and a 60K fresh motor...

It IS a disease!!!!!!!!!!!

I dunno, I kinda feel like this was destiny... just like when I got the 91 and the BII...
    I remember when i fist worked on the car a couple times at the old shop and thinking "man, wouldn't it be nice if this were to be mine one day"...
    This was about 5 years ago... then about 3 years ago the owner's business moved right across the street from my old shop where I could see it everyday... then it got parked for a year... then the business shut down... and now it is mine.

Leave a comment:

• 1987cp
    replied
    Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
    the what what and the who now?
    +1 THe only "HO" put in Box cruisers was the 180hp 351 option ....

Leave a comment:

• 86VickyLX
    replied
    Originally posted by packman View Post
    What kind of radiator do you have? My uncle still swears by those HO powered cruisers. He was kinda stoked when he saw my mom's CV.

Packman
    the what what and the who now?

Leave a comment:

• 86VickyLX
    replied
    if you part it out keep the header panel for your '91

Leave a comment:

• Lincolnmania
    replied
    i'd fix it up if the frame and body are good

Leave a comment:

• Rodentkiller
    replied
    A P72 good score Pete.

Leave a comment:

• Pirate
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by Grandpaslincoln View Post
    You guys.....you all have......BOX MADNESS!!!!!!!
    I've reported this same madness to my local police department....the next thing you know, these guys are going to be just like CVN members, walking around with arms outstretched, muttering "brains! brains!"....and killing those who get too close.

Leave a comment:

• 85crownHPP
    replied
    no upgrades for this thing!

I sent Tiggie and the local guy Steve messages offerening it to them for 500 bux if they wanna come tow it away - offer is good for anyone else too in the area...

Leave a comment:

• Nathan in MI
    replied
    Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
    I forgot to mention the "greasable" solid upper control arm bushings dont have any grease fittings... just plugs where the fittings should be... I hope they aren't wiped out.
    They usually are. Look at it this way - if you're parting it out, then it's no big deal. If you're keeping it, it's just a good excuse to upgrade to big brakes.

Leave a comment:

• 85crownHPP
    replied
    I dunno... I might have a buyer for the motor and trans already, that will get me my purchase price back alone!

I'll have to see if I can make it run better and see what else it needs...

Leave a comment:

• 87gtVIC
    replied
    It is solid looking Pete, slick top and all. Your should definitely keep it.

Leave a comment:

• gabegt90
    replied
    looks ok pete I'm sure you can work your magic. the 91 was like that lol

Leave a comment:

• p71towny
    replied
    Clock delete!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X