• Show
Clear All

Looks great on your new wheels!!!
    1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
    1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
    1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
    1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

Looks good. Ride/handling feel any different?

Comment

Planning to get an anti-theft system now?
        '79 Continental Town Car
        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

nicceee
          ---1990 Lincon LSC., 5.0 H.O., 55,000 ORIG. miles, 3:73 Posi, Bullit rims, 3G alt., 2.5" full-back exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, Flowmaster mufflers. My DD
          ---1985 Grand Marquis 2-door., Fresh 5.0, slick-top, GT40P's, 1.7 RR's, FRPP headers, 3G alt., Weiand Stealth intake, 650 cfm holley, 2.5" side-exit exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, 3:55 Posi, Bucket seats, custom center console. My Toy

Comment

I just came. Love those wheels. She Is lookin really good keep up the good work.

Comment

Thanks everyone! Yes the anti=theft system is DEFINITELY in the works lol. And the car feels like it is on rails now. The less mushy sidewall is awesome. Although now you can feel every bump but that I have no problem living with.
              Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
              New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

that's what the comfy seats are for.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                Originally posted by gadget73
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

well its official, I am officially in the market for another panther to use as a DD. Its time to start the full restoration on vicky, which includes removing vinyl top, all emblems, all granny trim, and a respray. I'm tired of roadsalt eating this thing. And especially with its new look, I have never been so hyped about working on it before. I'll put it through this winter if I absolutely have to, but if I do, It will be its last.
                  Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
                  New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Originally posted by hemihotrod402 View Post
                    well its official, I am officially in the market for another panther to use as a DD. Its time to start the full restoration on vicky, which includes removing vinyl top, all emblems, all granny trim, and a respray. I'm tired of roadsalt eating this thing. And especially with its new look, I have never been so hyped about working on it before. I'll put it through this winter if I absolutely have to, but if I do, It will be its last.
                    Good man.. start with that fender rust, and once she is all done youll never have to worry about that shit again.
                    "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
                    1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Very, very nice indeed!!! Those wheels compliment that car nicely. You'll be looking for shorter/stiffer springs fairly soon; at least that's what happened with my mom's CV. Get a crappy (though shiney if you can afford it) DD; something that you can just do maintenance on to get you where you wanna go. In the end, it works out better that way.

Packman

Comment

It's amazing what a set of rims can do. Looks awesome!
                        2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                        2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                        2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                        1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

how much did those wheels set ya back?
                          sigpic
                          1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Comment

Originally posted by 83countrysquire View Post
                            how much did those wheels set ya back?
                            the wheels were 700, lugs and center caps another hundred, tires were 400, and 100 bucks in shipping for a grand total of 1300 dollars.

Thanks again for the complements everyone!

Comment

The tires got their wet test today, I got caught in the pouring down rain on the way back home, so I figured I would just test how much grip they actually had :evil:. Needless to say, these tires stick more on wet pavement than the old tires did on DRY pavement lol.

Comment

get some tints on the glass. looking good. i also second the second panther idea. it will save that nice car

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                                1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                                1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                                2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                                2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Working...
                                X