marquismans 1985 mercury grand marquis LS wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

marquismans 1985 mercury grand marquis LS wagon

well, i got her home tuesday morning. i was able to have the morning off work and have the boss man help me pick the car up with his truck and trailer. this car is in pretty good condition for the exception of some rust. its got a 351W with 165000 original kilometers on the whole package. its got a full tow pack including a class III hitch and trailer brake controler, trans cooler, heavy duty rear coils and dual exhaust. im trying to figure out what its got for a rear end still.

the interior is not bad but the dash pad is cracked and front seats are a bit faded

this car looks like it has some kinda computer controled monitor. it looks simmilar to somethin my lincoln might of had

thought id take some pics of the '88 which is hopefully sold to one of our members.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Nice find.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

did some tinkering today but, the weather is shit so i dident do much. i put the 79-82 clear coach lamps on instead of the white ones and was checking out the charging system. turns out my battery is shot and wont hold a charge. who would of thought that a costco battery would be shit lol. so tomorrow ill get a new juice box that way it will start every time. next thing will be to clean out the whole interior and give th car a wash and through some wax on her to bring up her apperance. im also trying to figure out what i can delete from the smog stuff too. its gonna be tough since its got that funky computer on the fender skirt. i wouldent mind ditching the A/C since i think its empty since the cluck keeps going on and off. i also need to replace the driver side window motor and the little bit of rust that it does have

Comment

very nice. i found out that they dont make my paint anymore so i got to get it custom now
        sigpic

Comment

did some waxing and changed the grille for a 79-82 grille. i love the look of it now.

Comment

Awesome, looks like factory, better even. You say this wagon is less rusty than the 88, so are you gonna drop the HO into this one instead?
            88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
            Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

i dont think i will since there is a member on this site who is interested in the 88 wagon. besides, this 1985 wagon has the 351W/5.8L in it...i love 351s lol and yes its less rusty but at the same note, the 88 is a solid car just has more little surface rust spots.

Comment

damn, i need to do a pic update for this car! lol

Comment

yeah......been a while
                  ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

update!!!!!!!lol

so i thought this would be the best time to post an update for the cruiser since i got the windows tinted yesterday. the door windows(except rear door stationary glass is 10% and the door stationary glass back including the tailgate is 5% limo tint. im very happy with the outcome. plus, it was a nice day today and i gave the wagon a bath(i cant drive the thing with out washing it, like all my cars lol). now, when the rear deflector comes in from pete(wagonman), it will look sweet. now i have to decide on the exhaust. enjoy!

in late spring or summer, i will be taking this car to the same guy doin the '81 GMGT to get all the little rust fixed and the one section of woodgrain replaced.

Comment

Wow! Your turbines are in good condition. Most turbine wheels that I see on these cars are kinda crusty. That window tint should save your eyes from snow glare.

Packman

Comment

them wheels ar decent, i know lol but, i have a even more minty set that i used only on the '81 merc in the summer.

Comment

Looks great mang. How bad is the cancer? Is it limited to the rear quarters?

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                          160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                          waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Looks sick with the tints and that air reflector will really tie the rear end up.
                            ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
                              Looks great mang. How bad is the cancer? Is it limited to the rear quarters?
                              ya mang, just the rear quarters have the bad rust but, the driver side is worse than the pass side. the rest of the car is uber solid. and thanks for the compliments

Comment

Working...
                              X