Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1981 merc marquis brougham + GMGT rebirth!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looks good!

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
    160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
    waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
      ummm i dont work at a golf course, i fix boats for a living lol
      Fixing boats at work, and boats at home

That is fantastic!! I swear, you guys are a bad influence, going to convince me to do more to mine than I should.

Pete
      Originally posted by gadget73
      For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
      1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
      1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
        I am all tingly inside. Getting there!
        Aha thats what she said. Sorry I'm 12 years old I know, I know

Anyways yeah I had kinda forgot this car existed, but now I really want to see it done.
        "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
        1985 GMC 1500

Comment

I can't wait to see this car done.
          1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
          2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651997 UPDATED 20100826
          sigpic

Comment

You're doing him justice!
            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

i cant wait either. i got pics of the origonal 81's deadly cancer, will up load em soon. also, took the glass in for tint and they should be ready tomorrow. and when i go pick up the glass, i have to stop in to the fabric dudes and get some swade for the head liner.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
              1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
              1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
              2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
              2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

this is how bad the cancer was in my origonal 81' merc. by looking at the car from the outside, you would never think that was the case.

the pics are the rear corners under the rear seat. the driver side is far worse.

Comment

Woah!
                  ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                  My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                  My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                  But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

i know eh? lol

Comment

You're way ahead of me, probably cause GMGT isn't a daily driver. Good to see the progress mang!!! Can't wait to see the finished product.

Comment

Would you takes off the original red seat belts and put in your new car?
                        1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
                        1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                        1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                        1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

the complete red interior including the seat belts are going into GMGT

Comment

Be careful taking those seat belt bolts out.
                            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

the ones in GMGT came out no sweat but, if your talking about the origonal car, trust me i dont think i will have an issue...sawsall anyone?lol

Comment

did your guy blast that funky rust spot out of gmgt's right front fender?

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                                2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                                1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                                1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                                2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Working...
                                X