Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1981 merc marquis brougham + GMGT rebirth!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Justice.
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

lol, i ended up just getting a good quality replacement liner. hopefully i get it done this week. i have to go to buddies place today to clean out the car of all parts so clean up, prep and then paint can be done. i wish i had more room, im overloaded with parts lol.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

coming along great mang that is some scary rust

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
        302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
        k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

i know, i should take another pic since the ol '81 has a masive chunk missing behind the drivers door lol

Comment

well, my bro has been hoging the camera for his trans am so, i will only give a verbal update while i wait for my body guy to send pics that he has taken as of present. right now, GMGT is wearing his new rear driver side quarter and the whole car is in primer. the driver side door hinges are replaced and all doors and panels have been lined up. also, the header panel has been primed. now all that is left is to give the car a sanding and then it will be ready for paint. i must say, you cant even tell that GMGT has a new quarter panel....like said, pics to follow. also, as a surprise, you guys will only see the car fresh from paint. once i get the interior and exterior put together, then you will get pics of the final product. i think im gonna get the exterior put together first since thats the easy part, so you guys will get them pics first lol

Comment

Nice. this car is going to be sick.
              "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
              1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Sweet, Can't wait to see it!

1980 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Signature Series
                351 4 bbl, AOD, 3.08 open
                duel exhaust with cherry bombs

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
                  well, my bro has been hoging the camera for his trans am so, i will only give a verbal update while i wait for my body guy to send pics that he has taken as of present. right now, GMGT is wearing his new rear driver side quarter and the whole car is in primer. the driver side door hinges are replaced and all doors and panels have been lined up. also, the header panel has been primed. now all that is left is to give the car a sanding and then it will be ready for paint. i must say, you cant even tell that GMGT has a new quarter panel....like said, pics to follow. also, as a surprise, you guys will only see the car fresh from paint. once i get the interior and exterior put together, then you will get pics of the final product. i think im gonna get the exterior put together first since thats the easy part, so you guys will get them pics first lol
                  Just to throw that out there. If you do the exterior first, then the interior, you're gonna want to be really damn careful not to ruin that beautiful paint job mang. Looking forward to the pictures!

Comment

dont worry lol im a gentle person and the trim isent harsh to the paint except for the trim above the doors and such. i have to put on some trim right away any how since the roof coach lamp strap has to go in before the headliner. im gonna go and try and get pics tomorrow if its nice.

Comment

Damn, I'm excited on seeing this car! Can't wait!!!!

Comment

well, i got some pics! they arnt that good but, they give you an idea of how far GMGT has come. buddy has a 09 CVPI in the shop right now but, the car will be painted very soon! if you look at the pics close, you can see the awsome work that was put into the rear quarter

Comment

Wow she's lookin danm good man. Can't wait to see her all painted up.

1980 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Signature Series
                          351 4 bbl, AOD, 3.08 open
                          duel exhaust with cherry bombs

Comment

awesome mang!
                            cant wait to see gmgt in paint and put back together.......you should really try to make scottfest with it mang.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

i wish i could make it but, my job does not let me take much time off in the summer.

Comment

Find some time! Lol, I wanna see this in person completed!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X