Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1981 merc marquis brougham + GMGT rebirth!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what color is going on?
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

it will be 1981 light pewter metallic. sorta of a silver color. i think buddy with the grandmarquis wearing purple wheels(cant remember is username lol) has the same color on his panther.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

You dudes do NOT play!

Pete
        Originally posted by gadget73
        For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
        1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
        1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

Originally posted by Piece-it pete View Post
          You dudes do NOT play!

Pete
          i dont like fucking around, i like to do it right from the get go. as nice as my lincoln is, its not perfect. there was alot of little screw ups in the body work to piss me off. so with this car, im not taking chances. thats why i have this new guy. he does awsome work.

Comment

I understand. I had some bodywork done on my Towncar, and I'm not happy with it. I'm in the process of negotiating a visit from an expert to make it right. Its going to cost me, but I want it right this time.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

well, im glad to say that GMGT is wearing a nice new coat of paint. i should get the car back early next week. right now it is being wet sanded and whatnot. iv been kinda busy, so iv been working my ass of to get things ready. also last night i got the headliner finnished. all in all, GMGT is looking real sharp!

Comment

:headbang:
                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Awsome, Cant wait to see pics!

1980 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Signature Series
                  351 4 bbl, AOD, 3.08 open
                  duel exhaust with cherry bombs

Comment

i know some of you are waiting for pics. im gonna get some as soon as the door glass is in place and the front header panel is installed. after having the coach lamp roof strap and rear/stationary glass installed, the look of the car has really poped! so monday after work, i go over to help install the door glass and handles and put on the header as well(i hope), then i will post pics. now i just have to save up for tires. i think im gonna stick with the 235/60/15s on the front but, go a bit mild on the rear with 255/60/15s.

Comment

that one rear tire is brand new mang......that was 100 bucks

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

who said i was gonna throw it out?lol

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
                          who said i was gonna throw it out?lol

Yeah, he's already got holes drilled into the sidewall, and that tire is going to be the world's first ever rope-or-chain-less tire swing.

I heard him mentioning on another forum that he plans to swing off of the Snake River bridge with it....without a harness, or the bungee cord.

"Dude! I'm goin' off of the bridge in a swingless swing! Yeah! Whoo!"

Comment

^^why do you always have to tell everyone about my plans?lol

Comment

well, here are some teaser pics tha i got today. was suposed to get some more trim and the header on today but, dident have the time. so i took pics. got the headliner in, roof/coach lamp strap and glass in along with all the rubber. i took the tailights apart, cleaned em up and re sealed em. i havent touched the interior yet since i need a good drill bit to drill out the seatbelts from the other car. so right now ill concentrate on the exterior. enjoy!

Comment

That is nice. Good to see it coming together.
                                1991 LTD P72 351 W Restored Century Police (Ongoing Project) Sergeant Vic.

It's a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.

Comment

Working...
                                X