Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1981 merc marquis brougham + GMGT rebirth!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well funny, thing. since iv been starting up the car more oftain, the problem seemed to have gone away. on a lighter note, saturday i go to get my sticker for my plates and GMGT will be on the road. the car is pretty much done except for the trunk. im also waiting for my pin stripping too for the sides. the car just dont look right with out that maroon stripe down the side. also need to do a wash under the hood. will get some gooder pics once i get the pin stripe on the car, hopefully next week.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

GMGT is now legal baby! lol heres some teaser pics. the car still dont look complete without the pin stripe. i hope to get it put on this week.

i will get more pics of the interior and exterior when i get the pin stripe.

Comment

Wow! your car looks so nice as new!!!
        1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
        1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
        1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
        1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

heck with the stripe... it looks awesome already!

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

let me know if you are able to get away with that tinted license plate cover, I almost bought one but didn't for the fear of the 100 dollar fine.

Car looks great!
            Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
            New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

thanks for the compliments. as far as the plate cover, iv always had em on my cars and never been botherd. the license office told me to put em on to protect my expensive plates lol but, they mean the clear ones.

Comment

Paint the diff cover the same color, do it now.

Looks great man. I want one.
                "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
                1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Holy balls that thing is mean looking! I love it!
                  Lets Go Pens!

Comment

Wow! Congrats, that looks great!

Pete
                    For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
                    1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
                    1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

Looks awesome!

But the fog lights need to go.
                      2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                      2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                      2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                      1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Dayum!!!!

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by hemihotrod402 View Post
                          let me know if you are able to get away with that tinted license plate cover, I almost bought one but didn't for the fear of the 100 dollar fine.

Car looks great!
                          I got fined before for smoked license plate covers.

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
                          Looks awesome!

But the fog lights need to go.
                          amen.
                          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

yeah, not quite digging those fogs, but the car looks great otherwise. Agree that it will look better with the pinstripe too. Are you doing a vinyl stick-on, or having it actually painted on?
                            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

them fogs are temp. i want to put different ones on. and as far as the pinstripe, it will be a vinyl stick on one.

Comment

Looks great would look even better with a little bigger rear tires.
                                1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
                                2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
                                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651997 UPDATED 20100826
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X