Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1981 merc marquis brougham + GMGT rebirth!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by neums View Post
    I like how you changed from a beat up "boy racer", back into a mostly original looking car. Back when I was in high school (late 70's) we were ruining '69 Chargers and GTO's. Hopefully somebody righted our wrongs also.
    Hey now, that was MY boy racer!
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
      Hey now, that was MY boy racer!
      key word being was

Comment

looks good Julian put the driving lights back on lol

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
        302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
        k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

havent had the car to any shows and havent had time to take it to any cruise nights.

the old engine has nothing on the new engine lol.

i like the subtle look of cars...sleeper!!!

and gabe, i need to find a set of lights that fit the look of the front end lol

when i get time, i will take some better shots and a vid of GMGT in action.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
          1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
          1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
          2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
          2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Looks nice with the dark D-windows and late model centercaps.
            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

yea, the tinted windows look awsome with the body color and red accents. i may be getting aftermarket center caps and get custom red marquis center decals made.

Comment

WoW car looks amazing allot of work id like to get to that stage with mine some day, but funny my 89' GM is the same exterior colour and exactly same interior.

Comment

isent it a great color combo?

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
                    isent it a great color combo?
                    It is amazing actually I though the interior was going to be the same as the exterior as it sometimes is. I wasn't looking forward to a light interior but when I went to go see it I was welcomed with this magnificent red american palace but that colour is amazing I love it. Best colour for a 80's sedan. I think.

Comment

i get lots of comments on the color. its different and looks great lol

Comment

Has your '81 been in any car shows this summer?
                        '79 Continental Town Car
                        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

negative. i havent had the time. stupid job keeps me from attending the few shows and cruise nights that go on around here. but, im not giving up. there is still a few weeks left in the season. i just might be able to attend one.

Comment

I see you deleted the side exits, too loud with the FM40's? And those wheels look great, I want a set of d-windows but in gloss black so they're shiny, although they may not look good on a 4 door Lincoln, right at home on that though.
                            88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                            Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

thanks! i deleted the side exits not by choice. the flowmasters are too long, so there is no room for a 90* for the side pipes. they would have ended up against the rear tires. so tail pipes was the only way. i would have loved to keep the side exits, they really looked at home.

while im here... i started taking the dash apart, to make way for the heater core re & re. should not be so bad, since i know my way around dash removals lol. also, preping for the premium sound install. im gonna mount the new deck properly with a mount bracket aswell. i dig the cleaner look. and i plan to get the 3.73s and trac lok installed in april some time in april as well.

Comment

GREAT looking car man...Gives me my inspiration to get my 85 CV back to prominence..Got a few dents the body shop will have to get out and re align my trunk from when the lady hit the back of it while it sat PARKED....Need to replace the passenger side tail pipe also and entire rear bumper in which im still looking for....Any leads on a rear bumper for the 85's let me know....
                                The Best
                                Past and Present Any Questions...................

Comment

Working...
                                X