Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1981 merc marquis brougham + GMGT rebirth!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yikes.. that pic of the hole under vinyl scares me. same colour, same province, and I used to have rust on the front passenger corner.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
    160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
    waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

holy shit that's a nice size hole make me wonder what's under all that vinal lol

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
      302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
      k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

sunday i got the '81 to the shop and today i remover the header panel and bumper from GMGT. i need to remove the rear bumer and lights, the interior then vinyl roof. then she will be almost ready to go. now the '81 will go under the knife...i dont know if i can do it...it will only lead to tears!

and here she sits. this car was the best car iv owned, never let me down. hope her legacy continues...

oh ya, the red is gonna look sweet in GMGT!

yes, its rotted out!...

rusty 302
        Last edited by marquisman; 11-10-2009, 10:37 PM.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
        1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
        1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
        2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

How many years have you owned the '81??
          '79 Continental Town Car
          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

iv owned it since i was driving but my dad is the origonal owner since november 1981. it was a special order mercury marquis brougham 2door.

Comment

I LOVE the interior in the '81! And I normally don't care for red interiors.

2007 F-150 Supercab XLT 4x4
              1997 Jeep Cherokee

Comment

please dont trash gmgt's interior.......i always found it sexy

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

You're gonna reuse the push bar/lights and the side vents right? I would imagine so, it'll look awesome.
                  88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                  Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

im not gonna trash GMGTs interior, just remove/replacing it lol. and as far as the push bar goes, im sitting on the fence on that. once i get the car back together in the spring, ill see if i want it back on. today i got the tail lights and quarter extentions removed, tomorrow i will remove the rear bumber so i can put my stripe-less one on. if anyone who is somewhat in the area from me who is interested in GMGTs complete interior, let me know

Comment

Crush up that damn '88 nose clip And you have yet to pierce the tip of the iceberg for the dash removal. This is going to be an interesting project indeed!

Comment

if its decent out saturday, i will do the dash removal

Comment

today at lunch, i gots the rear bumper and tail lights off. also i got the front bumper of the silver '81. they say sat will be nice so im gonna put the front bumper on and just maybe be able to remove the dashes from both cars. once i get GMGT pretty much stripped i can get the windshield replaced.

Comment

replace the heater core while you have the dash out

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
                              yeah right, save time is a bonus.
                              1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
                              1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                              1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                              1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
                                whats wrong with the heater core??lol

Comment

Working...
                                X